Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2017 8:45:47 PM EDT
Just acquired a new Galil Ace in 7.26x39 and though a little heavy on the heavy side it is superbly accurate and reliable. I just finished watching a new you tube video on the Ace (Nuntnfancy) in which he states that the Ace he is reviewing accepts the Bulgarian Circle 10 mags. can anyone here confirm that ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I just watched that video as well, I'm pretty sure in the video he says it will not accept them

Also every review I've seen says the ACE in 7.62x39 will not accept Bulgarian waffles UNLESS you do the mod where you remove the plastic lower

I've also tried on my ACE to insert waffle mags, it is a no go on my rifle
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Mak
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Circle 10 waffle mags do not work in the ace. I tried them and they are a no go.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Circle 10 waffle mags do not work in the ace. I tried them and they are a no go.
View Quote
Confirm this as true
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a circle 10 mag to test this out.

It fits in the Galil Ace.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just watched that video as well, I'm pretty sure in the video he says it will not accept them

Also every review I've seen says the ACE in 7.62x39 will not accept Bulgarian waffles UNLESS you do the mod where you remove the plastic lower

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I just bought a circle 10 mag to test this out.

It fits in the Galil Ace.
Wait, WUT?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wait, WUT?
View Quote
I can snap a photo if you would like.

Edit: Photo

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I can snap a photo if you would like.

Edit: Photo

http://i65.tinypic.com/25stzfa.jpg
View Quote
Ok that’s awesome because mine does not, I wonder if they opened up the well to allow those to fit?  Does yours take Tapco as well?

Also mine is one of the first rifle models and I notice the top rail is different as well

Maybe you guys got newer parts than the original models that were assembled

Another question: did you have to make massive adjustments to the front site post to get yours zeroed?
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ok that’s awesome because mine does not, I wonder if they opened up the well to allow those to fit?  Does yours take Tapco as well?

Also mine is one of the first rifle models and I notice the top rail is different as well

Maybe you guys got newer parts than the original models that were assembled

Another question: did you have to make massive adjustments to the front site post to get yours zeroed?
View Quote
I bought mine August 2016 and it has been a great shooter the last couple years. I don't remember if it takes Tapco mags but I think it does (I only have a few).

But yes I had to massively adjust the front sight. Another turn and I feel like it would fall out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Correct, tried it today on a new rifle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I use Circle 10s as my primary mags for my Ace.  They were difficult to insert at first.  The main resistance is the top ends of the vertical ribs on the magazine contacting the leading edge of the mag well.  I very lightly beveled the insides of the mag well, which eases that initial resistance.  I also store the rifle with a mag installed.  They now work really well.

http://i.imgur.com/YxNbIcuh.jpg
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top