Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/17/2020 6:50:39 PM EDT
The two metal ones, no clue what they are and the bakelite with the 11 on the bottom, I think they are East German, all new but no idea what the numbers mean.  Also, the 45 rounders, those are EG also?

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The metal ones look like Romanian surplus steel mags, like the one I posted photos of here. The inverted U-shaped on the side plate is visible on one side of my magazine but seems to become more prominent as the finish wears down, like the top one in your photo. I believe their are similar Polish steel AK74 magazines, but that inverted U-shape is an identifying feature of the Romanian mags.

I think those Bakelites are East German. I believe the Soviets made them also, but they are more rare, whereas the EG bakelites seem to be more readily available in new condition. I believe the numbers on the mags are just mold numbers, like other other molded products, that identify what mold cavity they came out of in case a magazine is found to have manufacturing defects. Some people seem to like to collect bakelite mags with as many different mold numbers of them as they can find.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply.  I'm sure they are EG, I don't think I would ever pay that much a premium for magazines.........unless I just got lucky.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The 30rd bakelites and the pouch are East German
The windowed black polymer next to them is Croation. Made by AC Unity
The 45rd bakelite is Russian. Made by Molot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The top row steel is, as already mentioned, Romanian.

Bottom row steel is Polish. They were painted instead of black oxide, and the paint starts chipping off the edges immediately, as on yours.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 30rd bakelites and the pouch are East German
The windowed black polymer next to them is Croation. Made by AC Unity
The 45rd bakelite is Russian. Made by Molot.
View Quote

Those AC unity mags look sweet (like a windowed pmag for aks!!!).

Anyone like em? Might snag a few, in preparation for a PSAK74 lol
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top