Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/24/2022 1:54:22 PM EDT
I have a couple of red dots that I am moving around or thinking about selling them off, but before I do anything, I need some advice.

The two optics that I have -

Trijicon MRO.

Holosun HS515GM.

My eyes have aged to the point I just don't think red dots are for me. I also have an astigmatism that makes these dots fuzzy. I have a Primary Arms GLx 2x on my x95 and I love the optic. It just works with my eyes. My AK isn't my primary weapon due to a neck injure, the disc are pressing on the spinal cord and it is making the muscles weak. With this neck injury bullpups just seem to work better for me over long periods of time.

If you were in my shoes, would you sell off the two red dots and go with a PA GLx 2x? Or would you just move them to the other rifles and be done with it?

This thread may also help me decide whether or not I sell off my Meprolight M21 that is riding atop my Tavor Sar. Funny thing with that optic, my eyes seem to be okay with it.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to hearing your opinions.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d probably opt for the 1X PA prism instead.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d probably opt for the 1X PA prism instead.
View Quote

Correct. Of those choices, I'd go with the GLx
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks everyone. I think I know what I need to do. Its time to list some red dots. Its sad, I haven't even sighted these dots in.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Glx 2x Prism would be an excellent choice for you. But just to let you know we do have a newly released 3x MicroPrism featuring our Raptor 762x39/300BLK reticle that we are taking pre-orders on that would also be an outstanding candidate . If you are looking for something for your Tavor we also have a 3x MicroPrism with our Raptor 5.56/308 Reticle as well. All of our optics have a lifetime warranty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a couple of red dots that I am moving around or thinking about selling them off, but before I do anything, I need some advice.

The two optics that I have -

Trijicon MRO.

Holosun HS515GM.

My eyes have aged to the point I just don't think red dots are for me. I also have an astigmatism that makes these dots fuzzy. I have a Primary Arms GLx 2x on my x95 and I love the optic. It just works with my eyes. My AK isn't my primary weapon due to a neck injure, the disc are pressing on the spinal cord and it is making the muscles weak. With this neck injury bullpups just seem to work better for me over long periods of time.

If you were in my shoes, would you sell off the two red dots and go with a PA GLx 2x? Or would you just move them to the other rifles and be done with it?

This thread may also help me decide whether or not I sell off my Meprolight M21 that is riding atop my Tavor Sar. Funny thing with that optic, my eyes seem to be okay with it.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to hearing your opinions.

The Glx 2x Prism would be an excellent choice for you. But just to let you know we do have a newly released 3x MicroPrism featuring our Raptor 762x39/300BLK reticle that we are taking pre-orders on that would also be an outstanding candidate . If you are looking for something for your Tavor we also have a 3x MicroPrism with our Raptor 5.56/308 Reticle as well. All of our optics have a lifetime warranty.

@PrimaryArms I have the GLx 2x on my x95 and love the optic. My eyes are aging and the GLx 2x is just an awesome optic for my eyes. Works great! I can't decide if I want another one for my Aug or an SLx. Not sure what one I want for my AK too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If the 2x is working great for you then i would definitely stick with those as we make them in both 5.56 and 7.62x39/300blk versions for your AK. The clarity on those is truly hard to beat.
View Quote

Thank you @PrimaryArms, I think I’m going to sell my brand new MRO and buy two more GLx 2x. One for my Aug and one for my AK. Unless I can trade in brand new MRO? I guess I can dream about doing that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That you for considering our 2x Prism on your platforms. Local forums and sites in your area might be a good place to sell your optic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you @PrimaryArms, I think I’m going to sell my brand new MRO and buy two more GLx 2x. One for my Aug and one for my AK. Unless I can trade in brand new MRO? I guess I can dream about doing that.

That you for considering our 2x Prism on your platforms. Local forums and sites in your area might be a good place to sell your optic.

I just ordered the SLX 3x for my M70 I have on the way. Im thinking it will work well, we'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just ordered the SLX 3x for my M70 I have on the way. Im thinking it will work well, we'll see how it goes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep us posted. I am interested to see how it is.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top