Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to buy some wood furniture, but I don't know what will fit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a home bent flat. The fact that it has the trunnions welded to the receiver I wouldn't dump too much into it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a home bent flat. The fact that it has the trunnions welded to the receiver I wouldn't dump too much into it.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply. I know next to nothing about Aks. Do you think maybe I should look for a different receiver. And if so how do I know which one to get?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply. I know next to nothing about Aks. Do you think maybe I should look for a different receiver. And if so how do I know which one to get?
View Quote

Front trunnion, bolt carrier, and selector lever are Bulgarian AK-74. Is the rifle in 5.45x39mm? Can you post more pictures? The problem with a weld build is transferring it to a new receiver that uses proper rivets might be a big challenge depending on what Bubba did to the parts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote
I was just getting ready to take some more pics. Can you tell me more precisely what you would like more pictures of. And yes it is a 545x39.
I think bubba was actually Krinks in Naples Florida. And yes I did find something on the internet about the un heat treated receivers. I think that grinder mark was 762 by 39Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was just getting ready to take some more pics. Can you tell me more precisely what you would like more pictures of. And yes it is a 545x39.
I think bubba was actually Krinks in Naples Florida. And yes I did find something on the internet about the un heat treated receivers. I think that grinder mark was 762 by 39https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200198/PXL_20220415_014603502_MP_jpg-2349427.JPG

View Quote

Paul Mahoney of Krinks had the 1st AKS-74U semi build I ever saw..... at a Tampa gun show in the 90's.

I owned one of his AMD builds and it was 100% good to go. He also sold stripped receivers ....I'm guessing thats what was used to build the welded/not riveted gun pictured.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top