Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2020 4:50:02 PM EDT
Hi all.
My Father recently passed away and left me some money. In his Honor , I would like to buy a Top of the line AKM  or  ak47.  I Have 3 already. 2 molot  veprs and a WBP Polish little "jack"  pistol.  The Vepr's are unshot and safe queens waiting for the  right time to sell.  I know a bit about akm's and the like. "Definitive Arms" is one company that comes to Mind.  Copper customs has a couple and I am considering the " East German"  build they are selling for 1850.00.   Krebs is another company that has the Great products too. If you guys had 2500.00   to drop for a Top of the line Shooter AKM what would you buy and why. It must be in the 7.62 by 39 caliber.  I want a shooter, shtf rifle that i can bet my life on and prevail. Whats says you?   BTW, i miss my Dad and even though he made it to almost 91 , it wasn't enough time.  Thanks you guys !
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Rifle Dynamics with a $2500 budget

Waiting list 4-6 months for a custom built but they have 1 option in stock for $1500 great buy there if you want one now. Jim fuller is the US AK master and the 1500 set up is ready to rock and will outlast you but if you waited they have nice options for your budget.

Arsenal has nice options way under your budget

Polytech legend would be cool too

I'd go rifle Dynamics as real shooter's and operate types use these as a go to.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
How bout buy yourself one of those veprs out of your own collection and actually go shoot it.

IMO, a true import would be more desirable than some parts kit build by a US company.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How bout buy yourself one of those veprs out of your own collection and actually go shoot it.

IMO, a true import would be more desirable than some parts kit build by a US company.
View Quote

Probably could get one with his budget
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Rifle Dynamics with a $2500 budget

Waiting list 4-6 months for a custom built but they have 1 option in stock for $1500 great buy there if you want one now. Jim fuller is the US AK master and the 1500 set up is ready to rock and will outlast you but if you waited they have nice options for your budget.

Arsenal has nice options way under your budget

Polytech legend would be cool too

I'd go rifle Dynamics as real shooter's and operate types use these as a go to.
View Quote
Jim Fuller isn’t with RD anymore and he is an asshat to boot. So is RD.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Type II or III Kit built by Turbo.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Polytech Legend is what I would buy if I wanted an heirloom AK.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Story?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Story?
View Quote
To which part?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I would get a nice Pre-ban Chinese, whatever kind you like.  I would not buy anything from the US or any builder here.  JMO
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

To which part?
View Quote
Where he and the company are aholes?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where he and the company are aholes?
View Quote
Multiple threads and posts over on the Files show it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Legend or a Spiker
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I consider a Molot vepr to be top of the line. Next an Arsenal . That’s just me. WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Buy any Polytech....Legend, Galil style side folder or Spiker.  In 30 years a Polytech will always be a recognized name in the AK collector community.  And will always hold its value.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd probably get an old import milled Poly tech AK 47 like the one that is in the EE right now. Or the arsenal SAS M-7 classic. I'm a sucker for milled AKs.

Or convert one of those VEPRs into a legit RPK.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I would call Two Rivers in Oklahoma City and see if they still have any Russian kits tucked away, and if so, what they would charge to build a rifle for you.

If a kit was available, I would buy a Childers Russian marked receiver and a nice barrel and let Two Rivers go to work.

Thank you for honoring your father!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Type II or III Kit built by Turbo.
View Quote
This right here. Milled Russian or Bulgarian kit, hot blued, and a nice set of Ironwood or surplus wood furniture.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry I know some guys and makers are forbidden around here I don't know who is gtg
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This would be my choice also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would triple that !
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I would triple that !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would triple that !
I'm still 50/50 with a Turbo build.

Like this Soviet/PLO gem

But the Legend is also very nice

Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#22]
This thread came to mind yesterday after I passed on an arsenal sa93 in what I THINK is original ban condition.  I found it for sale on the used rack at an out of the way place in Maryland in my random travels.  Unfortunately they would have had to ship it to an FFL in VA to sell it to me (AK47s being banned in MD), and I will be out of town for awhile.  I thought their price was slightly high at $1350 based on a quick GunBroker search for sa93s in similar  presumed condition (claim was slightly used good condition, furniture was plasticy feeling but might have been some kind of treated wood product, original 5 round mag, no original packaging), and I don't know enough about that particular rifle to ensure everything was original.  Plus there was finish wear on the bottom of the carrier, meaning it had been shot.  Store owner didn't seem too excited about letting me disassemble the rifle to check the barrel or internals.

At any rate it probably would make a great deban project to the right person, assuming everything is in order.  I might have jumped on it had I not just purchased a WBP fox, but I am so happy with that rifle that the prospect of collecting everything I need and finding the right gunsmith to deban it didn't sound too appealing.  Might be worth it to the right person, though I would be disappointed to see it flipped on GunBroker if my estimation of value is off.  Feel free to let me know if anyone wants it and I'll send information for the store.  They already have to ship to an out of state FFL to sell, so I don't think being local is a requirement.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#23]
PolyTech double under folder
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I did have $2500 to drop on a top of the line AK and I went with a barreled Hungarian receiver from Atlantic. Picked up some Tula laminate, threw on an AK master mount and called it good. I still don't see the point in the RD type rifles

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top