Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/6/2014 5:01:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Redcrown505]
As a recent NPAP owner I had a bunch of questions as far as what would fit and what I was getting into with a stock mod. Despite combing the internet I couldn't find all the info and Picts I needed. So I figured for the next guy doing it these pics might help out.

First of all as I'm sure everyone knows, yugo stocks attach differently than AKM rifles, and the NPAP is even more unique because of two rivets seen here:

I wanted to put an ace skeleton stock and an ace folding mechanism on my NPAP so I bought an Ace yugo stock adapter (AKRBY) and used a dremel to grind it down:

It fit rather nicely, and I'm really happy with how it looks.

My next mod is the grip, here's a quick view of the stock one off:

I hope this helps someone out!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
That folder looks  nice on it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:50:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTex:
That folder looks  nice on it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes it does. Did the same thing with mine. The pin in my Ace hinge kept walking out though so I replaced it with a Stormwerkz.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Great stuff. Now I shall proceed to set mine up for comfortable use. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:06:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SickMAK90] [#5]
That looks really good. I think if my m92 sells tomorrow I am going to get an N PAP instead. I was going to SBR the m92 but all the extra costs and waiting made it lose its luster.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
That looks really good. I think if my m92 sells tomorrow I am going to get an N PAP instead. I was going to SBR the m92 but all the extra costs and waiting made it lose its luster.
View Quote

I know the feeling, ever time I decide to SBR I lose patience and buy and weapon instead.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyA] [#7]
Thanks, Redcrown.  I bought a polymer stock NPAP but the comb is too high for me to see the sights.  After seeing your post I got the same receiver block and made the same mod that you showed.  Went with the AR buffer tube adapter since I had an extra Magpul CTR stock sitting around.  What an improvement over the junk Century put on the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:01:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: D_CRISIS] [#8]
Yeah my NPAP came with the polymer furniture.  Total crap. I couldn't get rid of that stuff fast enough.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JohnnyA:
Thanks, Redcrown.  I bought a polymer stock NPAP but the comb is too high for me to see the sights.  After seeing your post I got the same receiver block and made the same mod that you showed.  Went with the AR buffer tube adapter since I had an extra Magpul CTR stock sitting around.  What an improvement over the junk Century put on the rifle.
View Quote

I have the same problem with my N-PAP with the wooden stock. Comb is too high to see the sights, unless I contort my cheekweld to be at the very rear of the stock, or way forward with my nose almost touching the receiver. But with the forward cheekweld, now I'm contorted so much with the westernized length-of-pull that I'm not really shouldering the firearm correctly. What an abomination that stock is. Too bad, too, as the grain in it is very nice on mine. Probably keep the wooden stock when I do a stock switch, for possible future custom improvement.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:50:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Redcrown505] [#10]
Originally Posted By rockspyder:

I have the same problem with my N-PAP with the wooden stock. Comb is too high to see the sights, unless I contort my cheekweld to be at the very rear of the stock, or way forward with my nose almost touching the receiver. But with the forward cheekweld, now I'm contorted so much with the westernized length-of-pull that I'm not really shouldering the firearm correctly. What an abomination that stock is. Too bad, too, as the grain in it is very nice on mine. Probably keep the wooden stock when I do a stock switch, for possible future custom improvement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rockspyder:
Originally Posted By JohnnyA:

Yep, I put a mags worth of rounds down range then packed her up until the mods were done. But now I can't bring myself to switch out the handguard for a tacticool one because I like the grain so much.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:43:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyA] [#11]
I also added a Hogue pistol grip that I had taken off a used AK I bought last year.  The corresponding Hogue hand guard has been ordered.  My expectation is that this NPAP will go from the most uncomfortable AK I've used to the most comfortable.

Updated with pic of completed mods.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#12]
That dust cover looks like it's a bit big for the receiver. I guess it's time to start cranking out 1.6s again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Hello all. I'm new to using the web site. ( Please excuse any faux pas.) So what is the consensus on lowering the comb on the Yugo. I have an M70 and it is awful to shoot. I'm hesitating making a change as I want to run an Aimpoint H1 optic and didn't know if the higher wood stocked comb may actually work correctly with an optic. What's everyone's thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:24:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I have optics on both of my M70B1s and my M72 and the higher comb is of some benefit with optics in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]
And in case someone here may not know ... The O-PAP does not have those 2 rivets as shown in the N-PAP photo the OP posted ... So, grinding is not necessary if you buy an  Ace yugo stock adapter (AKRBY) like the OP did, if you have an O-PAP.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Will a Magpul grip and hogue hand gaurd fit a n pap?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:52:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: double_r76] [#17]
Originally Posted By RangerT:
Will a Magpul grip and hogue hand gaurd fit a n pap?
View Quote

Magpul grip fits perfect... that's what I run on my N-PAP.

Hogue makes Yugo-specific handguards, so they should fit.

Edit: Look about 5 posts before yours... there is a N-PAP with Hogue handguards.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Are there under folding stocks available for o-paps/n-paps?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Andrewc_c:
Are there under folding stocks available for o-paps/n-paps?
View Quote

If you're proficient with tools you could make an OPAP underfolder, but there are some roadblocks and it's not, I imagine, a cheap or easy process.. As for an NPAP, it would be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to just buy an NPAP underfolder from the get go.

Short answer: Yes, but.../No, except...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks nice...how does she shoot and how comfortable is it?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone know what threads the NPAP barrel has? Looking to swap muzzle devices and have heard two different sizes floating around.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#22]
14x1 LH
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Notyouratty:
14x1 LH
View Quote

Thank you sir
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:27:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thefley] [#24]
Hey there everyone.  I am new here and so glad I found this thread. I also have a 3rd gen N-pap and have been looking for furniture for it.

Could you all point me in the direction or site to find them.  I like the collapsible stock Johnny has.  And will need a hand grip.  And it looks like I would need
And adapter as above too.

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Just look up the ace yugo adapter, ace folding mechanism and the ace ak47 stock. You're on your own for the grip, there are too many to mention, check midwest industries website for them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:02:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Redcrown505] [#26]
Thought i'd post an update pic of what my NPAP looks like now:

Ace Skeleton stock
Ace AKRB yugo adaptor
Magpul AK Grip
RS Regulate 301 sind mount
Primary arms RDS
Tapco AK-74 muzzle break

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I want to do this but spending 300 dollars to make my gun side folding is absurd. Regardless thanks for taking the time to photograph this
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Gonna do this on mine. I dont mind recoil (I can shoot 200 rounds of 12ga in a hour and still have a smile on my face. )The yugo slap just plain hurts. Plus the LOP is a tad long.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I know this is an old thread but for those that are having the cheek slap issue like me and wanted to stick with wood furniture CAI is coming out with a Warsaw Style buttstock. seen here I called customer service and asked when it will be available and the guy said around late July - early August.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By orion1066:

Hello all. I'm new to using the web site. ( Please excuse any faux pas.) So what is the consensus on lowering the comb on the Yugo. I have an M70 and it is awful to shoot. I'm hesitating making a change as I want to run an Aimpoint H1 optic and didn't know if the higher wood stocked comb may actually work correctly with an optic. What's everyone's thoughts?
View Quote
The aimpoint will be fine because the height of the mount plus the optic overcomes the the stock comb problem. I did the same thing but don't like being forced to use an optic. I really want to use the open sights for a while and evaluate.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top