Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2021 3:52:21 PM EDT
Here are the pictures of my bolt. Can you please let me know if you notice anything
abnormal? I would like to know if the wear on the camming lug is normal.
I'm concerned about the area of the camming lug where the small piece of metal appears to be missing.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#1]
this question comes up often

it's fine.

the camming lug and the camming surfaces in the carrier are almost never a perfect match from the factory. after a while the surfaces break in and the progression of that wear point will cease, and the action will be a lot smoother as well
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a beaver chewed on it. Now I have to go look at mine....
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You can always stone off the burrs if they bother you, but they won’t affect function.

AK bolts are soft but tough. Surface flaws don’t usually lead to cracking like high alloy steels can be prone to.

AJ
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top