Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2020 9:55:42 AM EDT
I have a VEPR 7.62 complete rifle.  I purchased it new before the import issues happened.  I really haven't done much but shoot it a little.  I started shooting it more and more and I would like to put a red dot on it.  I am thinking of mounting a Vortex Spitfire 3x.  The VEPR is bone stock with poly furniture.  What rail is recommended?  I see a TWS Dog Leg Scope Rail sold by Primary Arms that looks just about right but have zero experience with AK's and mounts.  

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
When you say 7.62, do you mean 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, or 7.62x51, the VEPR is made in all 3. You will read very mixed opinions on the TWS Dog Leg. Some of the more popular and proven side mounts are RS Regular, AK Master Mount, and Arsenal SM-13. Another popular option is the Ultimak, but it is primarily suited to smaller red dots.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, 7.62x39.

Thanks for the info on the mounts.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top