Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2019 12:32:43 AM EDT
Anyone know of a source for original stocks or oem type replacement? I have a unfired 1993 production that the stock is broken. it could be repaired, but would like to replace, plan to sell soon!
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I will say good luck finding a factory stock for either.

What stock do you have?  IIRC, the M came with either the Monte Carlo style or the thumbhole and the D was a standard style stock on a 20” rifle.

I did restock my M into a Yugo m59/66 stock but it was quite a bit of work.  Opening up the magwell and making the sheet metal mag well liner and then filling the bayo slot.  It also took some work to the cross bolt and trigger group area massaging to fit correctly.

When I got it, it was in a poly folder.  Mags fit and functioned but no liner.  Maybe all the after market stocks will work with them but won’t look the best.

Shoot me an IM when you decide to sell, cracked stock or not.  I think about adding another from time to time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will say good luck finding a factory stock for either.

What stock do you have?  IIRC, the M came with either the Monte Carlo style or the thumbhole and the D was a standard style stock on a 20” rifle.

I did restock my M into a Yugo m59/66 stock but it was quite a bit of work.  Opening up the magwell and making the sheet metal mag well liner and then filling the bayo slot.  It also took some work to the cross bolt and trigger group area massaging to fit correctly.

When I got it, it was in a poly folder.  Mags fit and functioned but no liner.  Maybe all the after market stocks will work with them but won’t look the best.

Shoot me an IM when you decide to sell, cracked stock or not.  I think about adding another from time to time.
View Quote
The M only came with a Monte Carlo stock. Thumbhole variants are Sporters, NRs, Type 63 and others. If it isn't stamped SKS M, it's not an M.
That said certain poly stocks are thick enough to be opened up for an AK mag like the Combat Exchange stock.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The M only came with a Monte Carlo stock. Thumbhole variants are Sporters, NRs, Type 63 and others. If it isn't stamped SKS M, it's not an M.
That said certain poly stocks are thick enough to be opened up for an AK mag like the Combat Exchange stock.
View Quote
This or just cruise gunbroker and possibly find one at a reasonable price.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top