Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2020 6:48:06 PM EDT
How do you correctly adjust the Midwest Industries Gen 2 AK optic mount so that the optic is centered over the bore?  

This is the mount I am working with:
Midwest Industries AK optic mount Gen 2 for T1 and clones

There are two Allen-head screws that allow approximately 3/16" side-to-side adjustment.  I've looked at this 9-ways to Tuesday but I have not come up with a method to make sure the sight is centered over the bore of the rifle - other than eyeballing it. Seems like there has to be a trick.  Maybe not.  

It's a really high quality piece.  Very solid.  It's my understanding this side-to-side adjustment was added to the "Gen 2" mounts to account for variations in receiver widths, side-rail thicknesses, etc.  That seems like a good idea, but how do you center the mount over the bore?  

Open to suggestions!

Thanks for reading.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2020 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure that it's entirely possible to get it exactly centered. FWIW I have the same mount on a WASR and it is slightly off-center. The military scope mounts are even more off.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't look like it has the capability of side-to-side adjustment.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#3]
OP, PM sent.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:59:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t believe it does adjust side to side, the two Allen bolts you’re speaking of are so you can replace the rail with a different attachment rail without having to purchase another clamp.  It’s basically a two piece, they sell a different rail at Midwest for that base.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top