Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2017 2:30:29 PM EDT
I read the history at the top of this forum.  If I understand correctly, the Choate stock indicates the end of the Mak 90 production released into the USA.  Is that true?

Are these Mak 90's considered more or less desirable, better or worse, or are they lumped together with all thumb hole stock versions?

Does the Choate stock Mak 90 have anything else distinctive about it compared to the wooden thumb hole stock versions?

Is a Choate stock set generally heavier than wood stock sets?  I'm at 8 lbs., no mag.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want to know the story of the Chinese AK with a Choate stock you will have to Google Polytech SP.   It was the only Chinese AK sold with a plastic drag stock. I think.

Other than that, you can draw no conclusions.   Polytech made some of the finest Chinese rifles sold.

The stock in the picture is not a Choate stock.

The black plastic Drag style stocks weigh about the same as the heaviest wood.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top