Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2022 2:32:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531]
EDIT- Figured it out. Have to order a "puzzle piece" (bolt on tang) from PSA. Stupid, but whatever. I'd still like to know why the rivet spacing is different.

EDIT- #2- Got the puzzle piece and it doesn't fit! See next post.

Picked up this GF4 and its a nice piece, but I didn't want an AR stock. So I got a Magpul Zhukov S. Removed the buffer tube adapter (after having to drill out a stripped screw from the factory) and go to install the Zhukov. Well shucks, the rear tang is part of the buffer tube adapter, not the trunnion. Looks like we're installing a new trunnion. So I start to mock that up, and the trunnion doesn't line up with the existing rivets at all. It's like .250" difference center to center! Does PSA use some different hole spacing on their rear trunnion rivets? My buddy checked his GF3 and it matches my GF4, I checked my WASR and it would line up perfectly with the new trunnion. Is their a special trunnion from PSA I need?

With the front rivet lined up, it's off by almost and entire hole.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
So the mystery of the PSA GF4 rear trunnion continues. It appeared I needed a "puzzle piece" from PSA, so I ordered one. Went to install it yesterday, and it doesn't fit. Im going to machine it to make it work so it's not the end of the world, but what I'd like to know is exactly what the deal is with this trunnion. Josiah @PalmettoStateArmory , can you educate me perhaps?

The "puzzle piece" hits the bosses on the trunnion.
Attachment Attached File

Fits ok in the Magpul Zhukov stock.
Attachment Attached File

But the interference with the bosses won't let it seat in far enough to line up
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:26:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#3]
Guess Josiah forgot about me. So that's what a $1k PSA gun gets ya I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:
Guess Josiah forgot about me. So that's what a $1k PSA gun gets ya I suppose.
View Quote

Jesus!  Hardly a week and you are already calling him out publicly.  Not to mention the holidays.

I'm sure he'll be more inclined to help you now.

"Patience is a virtue."
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Assh:

Jesus!  Hardly a week and you are already calling him out publicly.  Not to mention the holidays.

I'm sure he'll be more inclined to help you now.

"Patience is a virtue."
View Quote

Thanks for your helpful insight!
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:52:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PalmettoStateArmory] [#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

Here is the response I received from after showing them your post:

"On the AR adapter you removed the two screws inside the gun, there is a 3rd screw under the buffer tube that is holding the correct modular tang for your rear trunnion. Remove the castle nut and buffer tube and remove the 3rd screw and you will see a modular tang that will go to your rear trunnion and allow you to attach your Zhukov stock. See below picture for what the modular tang looks like."

https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/wysiwyg/Tang.jpg

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote

Josiah,

Thank you for the follow-up. I apologize if my above comment sounded snarky, in my head it sounded more tongue-in-cheek. But as my triggered friend pointed out, maybe not. Again, I appreciate your efforts and commend you and PSA for being active on the forum here.

@PalmettoStateArmory
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

Here is the response I received from after showing them your post:

"On the AR adapter you removed the two screws inside the gun, there is a 3rd screw under the buffer tube that is holding the correct modular tang for your rear trunnion. Remove the castle nut and buffer tube and remove the 3rd screw and you will see a modular tang that will go to your rear trunnion and allow you to attach your Zhukov stock. See below picture for what the modular tang looks like."

https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/wysiwyg/Tang.jpg

Thanks,

Josiah

View Quote

I have an AK-P I sbr’d and I’m trying to add a Zhukov. It came with the triangle brace. Looks like I need a modular tang. How do I get one?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Josiah sent me a Modular tang and I used it to install the Zhukov stock on my AK-P SBR tonight. Screws were right, it installed without problems and it’ll function with the stock folded. I had to tighten the top screw…the one that holds the tang in, and then the one that pulls the wedge tight to get the angle right so it functions folded, but it works great.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top