Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/6/2018 12:22:34 AM EDT
Im impressed. they fit and function great in all 5 of my AK74 and krink rifles.
wasnt too keen on the AK47 mags as they had issues fitting in a few of my rifles(bought them when they initially came out, so maybe those were improved?)

will be buying more as im lean on ak74 mags
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Wasnt impressed. Fitment when performing E-reload actions is a nightmare. So easy to miss the sweetspot when rocking in the magwell. Ill stick with CDNN bulgy knockoffs for range mags. Same price, look the same as the ((21)) and a little more forgiving on the reload.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wasnt impressed. Fitment when performing E-reload actions is a nightmare. So easy to miss the sweetspot when rocking in the magwell. Ill stick with CDNN bulgy knockoffs for range mags. Same price, look the same as the ((21)) and a little more forgiving on the reload.
View Quote
does the front tang on the pmag not stick out as far?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked one up to try out on my SAR2s. It fit one (my better SAR2) just fine but not the other.

That's OK since I have other Bulgys and E. German mags.

And the SARs, like the WASRs and other AKs don't have standardized mag well dimensions so if I filed on the rear tab abit I could get the 74 mag to fit both.

However, the Magpul 7.63x39 mags have fit just fine in anything I try them in.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I tossed mine after the two I bought wouldn't lock in and none of the Ak47 mags would work in several Romainian, Bulgarian, Egyptian, and Chinese Ak47 clones.

For half the price I can buy Tapco mags and fit them
It's a pain but they are flawless at half the price.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Double double.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
No issues with mine in a tantal.... Use them for range and training.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
They work fine through my Nodak/Bulgy 74
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
These are good mags for the AK-74- 5.45x39 guys! They work just fine. They won't be any changes to them as far as metal reinforcements to them either. Talked to the Magpul reps at the Sportsman Show in Harrisburg, PA couple of weeks ago. They said with all the testing they have done on them there is no need to make any changes to them. Of course they did reinforce the AK-47 mags so I was hoping.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top