Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/19/2020 7:05:48 PM EDT
Hey all. I cannot locate who made these. Any idea? 5.56? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind! Found it, Valmet!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are not factory Valmet mags.
They are 40 round aftermarket maga made to fit the Valmet and were made by Max Capacity Products.
They will be stamped MCP or LIQ.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#3]
They are on GB for stupid prices these days - in my experience they might look cool in the guns but function is hit or miss. I have only found one mag. that works consistently well in a .223 valmet besides the factory ones and that aint it.  One of the only drawbacks of what is otherwise an extremally well made gun.  Why they didn't just use galil style mags for that gun is beyond me (its not like they intended to field them for the Finnish military - intended as export guns from day 1 from what I understand).

Same company made HK93 40s on the same mag body just sleeved differently.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Correct....not factory mags. I just didn't know what they fit at all as they were in an auction lot I won. These are stamped LIQ. It is fasinating that such a quality weapon has a shortage of magazines. You would think by now someone could have produced a good aftermarket version.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The gun was never made, let alone imported, in any real quantity.  Unlike the galil in both .223 and .308 variants, it is my understanding that no military ever adopted the M76 /M78 guns for anything.  Besides a relatively small number of collectors and people in preban states where they are legal alternatives to banned guns, there really is not a big market for an aftermarket mag.  Case in point, Tony Rumore / Tromix stopped making his arsenal 5.56 mag conversation many years ago and I doubt its because he couldn't get the mags to convert, which are still available today.  That is the only commercially available alternative to a factory mag that will actually function correctly in a M76 .223 if you do the conversation correctly.  There is a guy doing a similar conversation who sells on GB now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Zastava M85 mags can be converted far more easily to work in the 5.56 Valmets.
All it takes is removing a small amount of material above the front locking tab and then if needed a little off the top of the rear tab.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Great - so where can you buy them?  Every place seems be out of stock?
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Just wait for them to come back in stock at Zastava USA
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they lock in like the Circle 10s?  What about the feed angle?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do they lock in like the Circle 10s?  What about the feed angle?
View Quote

M85 mags will lock in once you remove some material above the front locking lug and then if needed some off the top of the back lug.
Feed angle is perfect, identical to factory mags with bullet tip going straight into the chamber. If feed angle needs adjustment, then you can always remove a little off the forward part of the underside of the feed lips the way Tromix did.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Good to know.  I admit I prefer the clear plastic arsenal circle 10 mags for this purpose as I will not confuse them with anything else but I am thinking of getting another M76 so a reasonably priced mag option might have to be looked at.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The gun was never made, let alone imported, in any real quantity.  Unlike the galil in both .223 and .308 variants, it is my understanding that no military ever adopted the M76 /M78 guns for anything.  Besides a relatively small number of collectors and people in preban states where they are legal alternatives to banned guns, there really is not a big market for an aftermarket mag.  Case in point, Tony Rumore / Tromix stopped making his arsenal 5.56 mag conversation many years ago and I doubt its because he couldn't get the mags to convert, which are still available today.  That is the only commercially available alternative to a factory mag that will actually function correctly in a M76 .223 if you do the conversation correctly.  There is a guy doing a similar conversation who sells on GB now.
View Quote

Actually, Qatar and Indonesia adopted the M-76
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Actually, Qatar and Indonesia adopted the M-76
View Quote

I read that but I have not been able to find any pictures of any soldiers actually carrying a .223 M76 with the exception of some in parade dress with nickel plated guns which were clearly for show.  So my guess is that the numbers were so small as to be marginal.  If I am wrong then we should see some surplus mags (and better yet parts kits!) showing up at some point (like the recent galil and BM59 stuff) but I am not holding my breath waiting for them.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top