Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/22/2020 11:52:27 PM EDT
So I was feeling really good about the RMR on my AK-V. Based on pics I had seen I felt that the MRO just looked too big on the smaller sized AK pistol... until the MRO arrived and I actually got to see it on the gun. Now I'm torn. What say you all?

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Completely subjective, but I like the MRO.  Looks more proportionate to the weapon, IMO.  

Hard to go wrong with either.

How do you like the AK-V?  I've got a AR15 in 9mm, but I've also been waiting for Palmetto's MP5 clone.  I do like the look of the AK-V.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
MRO every other weekend, RMR the other ones.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
SRO is a better compromise IMO
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SRO is a better compromise IMO
View Quote

I don't have an SRO
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Completely subjective, but I like the MRO.  Looks more proportionate to the weapon, IMO.  

Hard to go wrong with either.

How do you like the AK-V?  I've got a AR15 in 9mm, but I've also been waiting for Palmetto's MP5 clone.  I do like the look of the AK-V.
View Quote

I like the AK-V a lot. It's dead reliable, the mags are cheap and readily available, and it looks awesome. I was thinking about getting a 9mm AR also but the AK-V just really appeals to me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
MRO every other weekend, RMR the other ones.
View Quote

Hahaa! Split custody. That may be the way to go
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I was going to say MRO all day, but then I saw the pics...

The RMR looks really good there. I'd still keep the MRO on it, but I'd take a lot of pics with the RMR.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was going to say MRO all day, but then I saw the pics...

The RMR looks really good there. I'd still keep the MRO on it, but I'd take a lot of pics with the RMR.
View Quote

While I do really like the RMR, the MRO sight picture just seems more "natural" and quicker to pick up. And it just seems to be a more durable fit for the AK-V. I was going to sell the RMR but now I'm eye-balling a pistol to put it on. Too bad I already spent the coin on first the Trijicon mount and then the American Defense QD, but I guess just chock it up to figuring out what I like and want.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
MRO
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
MRO
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#11]
How is cheek weld with the mro?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How is cheek weld with the mro?
View Quote

Cheek weld is very good. Just as good as when using the irons
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#13]
OP.  Thanks for posting these pictures!  I have been considering mounting an MRO on a KP9 but I thought that it may be too big.  Based on your pictures I may be ordering an MRO.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rc2:
OP.  Thanks for posting these pictures!  I have been considering mounting an MRO on a KP9 but I thought that it may be too big.  Based on your pictures I may be ordering an MRO.
View Quote

Glad they could help! I thought an MRO was going to be too big also, based on just one or two pics I saw, until I got it in hand to mount on the gun.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top