Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/6/2021 1:46:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenSuiter]
Recoil Gunworks has these for $799.00; What are your thoughts?

I do not currently have an AK, however I know Radom built rifles are considered to be good guns.

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/shop/pioneer-arms-polish-ak47-762x39-sporter-39788
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Radom is just a city in Poland. Pioneer Arms utilizes it in all of its marketing in order to be confused with FB Radom, the military plant also located in that city. Pioneer uses (or at least did) shoddy manufacturing practices akin to IO Inc. I would put that money towards PSA, Zastava, or a WASR.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenSuiter] [#2]
^^^

Thanks, appreciate it! I'll look elsewhere...Mods lets shut this one down.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Their manufacturing went through an overhaul a few years ago, with forged trunnions etc.  they are no longer like IO. I have one I bought for 800 a few months ago and have put roughly 1000 rounds of brown bear.  Not a single hiccup. As a matter of fact, after a quick adjustment of the front sight, was hitting 300 yard steel plates pretty consistently from bench.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Medicin3Man:
Their manufacturing went through an overhaul a few years ago, with forged trunnions etc.  they are no longer like IO. I have one I bought for 800 a few months ago and have put roughly 1000 rounds of brown bear.  Not a single hiccup. As a matter of fact, after a quick adjustment of the front sight, was hitting 300 yard steel plates pretty consistently from bench.
View Quote

Are they still riveting front trunnions with the barrel installed?
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
They are still riveting the front trunnions with the barreled installed. The one I got a few months ago, because I foolishly thought they have switched to forged front trunnions after reading that on the internet, has a cast front trunnion.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased one new that is an IA, and absolutely love it. Very accurate, reliable, and excellent quality. I did replace the furniture with original Polish wood.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top