Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not tried it but i have heard of it and i cannot re-call anything pro or con about it. The site says they are out of stock which does not prove quality or lack of .....only people panic buying. What that site has in stock is over .70 cents a round . I have been doing a little ammo watching and it seems every so often some iffy [imho] goes on the block......."range ammo" and sub-sonic .
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The headstamp indicates manufacture by Vympel in Russia, confirming the info in the product description. Same manufacturer as "Golden Tiger" brand. Based on prior experience with GT, this stuff should be GTG.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you for the answer, I wondered if the the purple neck sealant could possibly mean Vympel.
View Quote

Yes. Good eye. The purple neck and primer seal is typical of Vympel.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#5]
stencil on the crate/pallet label picture at this place indicates it is indeed Vympel
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Dont know but its steel and Russian, send it....

seriously though so is this reboxed golden tiger or just made in the same place that makes golden tiger?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dont know but its steel and Russian, send it....

seriously though so is this reboxed golden tiger or just made in the same place that makes golden tiger?
View Quote

So any more feedback or info about this ammo? Anyone try some?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Shot a few hundred rounds, no issues, typical accuracy.  I would call it Golden Tiger in a different package.

Amazing to think of that stuff as the good old days now, I got mine at 31 cents a round
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Shot a few hundred rounds, no issues, typical accuracy.  I would call it Golden Tiger in a different package.

Amazing to think of that stuff as the good old days now, I got mine at 31 cents a round
View Quote

My order of the Maxxtech ammo was delivered yesterday so hopefully I will be able to try it in the next few days. I'm paying .50 CPR (plus shipping) so if you are finding it for .31, send me a link .
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I managed to find the LEAST accurate ammo in 7.62X39

I first fired groups at 100yards. I'd love to tell everyone what those groups were but only 2-3 rounds (out of 5) managed to land on the target. By contrast I shot Red Army Standard Range Safe FMJ and got 4.00" and 4.15" groups, Wolf Range Safe (identical to the RAS as both have the same Tulammo headstamps) printed 5.5" and 5.5". Best group for the day was 2.85" from Yugo-Ingman (IK-85 headstamp). Barnaul FMJ gave me 2.70" (but only 3 shots since that's all I had left).

So I moved my targets to 50 yards and managed 6.40" (4 shots clustered into a 2.15" group but a flier opened it way up) the other group was 4.24". Again, my control ammo (Red Army Standard) held 2.5" consistently at 50 yards. This Maxxtech shot so bad that something is obviously wrong with it, although, the ammo appears to look fine on the surface.

I will say that this Maxxtech Essential WAS NOT money well spent and I'll unload it to someone who shoots a Drako from the hip (although THEY may even notice the horrendous accuracy) or save this crap for my point-blank 2-gun stages

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Bought half a k for 190$ shipped off gunbroker.

My rifle shoots Tula and barnaul and hits a 12" 200 yard steel plate regularly.

I've heard good stuff about vympel aka maxxtech/goldentiger etc.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top