Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2021 10:49:43 PM EDT
Currently mounted on the gas tube rail.  I'm wondering about the aftermarket receiver cover rails and their ability to hold zero.  Anyone care to chime in?   I really want the optic close to my face. So any ideas would be welcome. There is no side rail - not sure if one can be installed.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had a Stormwerkz rail mounted on my M92 with PA micro for several years and it has never lost zero. In fact with nothing more than an RDS the little M92 is able to get pretty consistent hits out to about 300yd with some holdover in my experience - I think the short stiff barrel actually helps with accuracy because it probably flexes very little and you don't lose a whole lot of velocity with 7.62x39. Up close it is a tight shooter.

I guess my only concern would be that if you press sideways against the optic you can see that the dust cover does have a very tiny bit of movement, but hands off and it retains zero. You have to literally grab the optic and pull hard to the side to see any movement so it is very minimal.

I have also seen guys mount an Aimpoint Micro type base just ahead of the rear sight rather than a rail section and with a compatible optic you can get lower cowitness with that. I don't think any type of RDS mounted on the Stormwerkz rail will have cowitness.

TWS also has a fully railed hinged dust cover for the M92/M85

You can also use the Master Mount with the M95/M85 to get a functional side rail.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had a Stormwerkz rail mounted on my M92 with PA micro for several years and it has never lost zero. In fact with nothing more than an RDS the little M92 is able to get pretty consistent hits out to about 300yd with some holdover in my experience - I think the short stiff barrel actually helps with accuracy because it probably flexes very little and you don't lose a whole lot of velocity with 7.62x39. Up close it is a tight shooter.

I guess my only concern would be that if you press sideways against the optic you can see that the dust cover does have a very tiny bit of movement, but hands off and it retains zero. You have to literally grab the optic and pull hard to the side to see any movement so it is very minimal.

I have also seen guys mount an Aimpoint Micro type base just ahead of the rear sight rather than a rail section and with a compatible optic you can get lower cowitness with that. I don't think any type of RDS mounted on the Stormwerkz rail will have cowitness.

TWS also has a fully railed hinged dust cover for the M92/M85

You can also use the Master Mount with the M95/M85 to get a functional side rail.
View Quote
Thx
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the CNC Warrior one on mine.  Holosun 507. Has held zero fine.  I have the TWS 1st gen dog leg on my regular AK. Has also help up well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
James and AK MM did a great job and the product is really clean and works well. Comms were great and got a personal thank you vs the std form. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I’ll be getting a MM for my M92 after reading through this thread.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think I'll be getting a MM for my M92 after reading through this thread.
View Quote
I've been on both sides of the gun sale counter.  The fit and machining (especially for an AK product) is better than anything I've seen come out of Midwest industries or Yankee Hill up until about 3 years ago and would be on par.  Is it SLR or Geissele - no but really clean and great CS before and after a purchase of less than $400.  I have not run it much but even the locking mechanism is similar in design to ADM or Larue with a set screw for variances in side rail dimensions.  Email their CS and report back.

Chuck
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#7]
In the past, Zastava USA was selling the top cover with rail direct on-line. I've bought parts for my M85 and mags direct from Zastava and they were GTG. I dont remember if they sold just the rail w/o the top cover.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In the past, Zastava USA was selling the top cover with rail direct on-line. I've bought parts for my M85 and mags direct from Zastava and they were GTG. I dont remember if they sold just the rail w/o the top cover.
View Quote

They don’t sell the rail by itself
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They don’t sell the rail by itself
View Quote

You are correct. I just checked and they dont list the rail or the top cover with rail anymore.
I would call Zastava USA. Their CS was pretty good and I bet they may help you.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top