Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2021 4:34:51 PM EDT
I’m in the process of SBRing my M92 pistol. My understanding is that a Smith that has don’t the underfolder conversion on this before can use the trunion that the M92 comes with. Is this correct? This is the newer model that has the SN on the side near the front trunnion.
Who are some good AK smiths to send this thing to when I get my paperwork back?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The virgin rear trunnion in the ZPAP 92 can be milled to accept an under folder by a competent builder.
Two River Arms would be my first choice for a Yugo conversion. They aren’t accepting any new work right now but it will be worth waiting for.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The virgin rear trunnion in the ZPAP 92 can be milled to accept an under folder by a competent builder.
Two River Arms would be my first choice for a Yugo conversion. They aren’t accepting any new work right now but it will be worth waiting for.
View Quote

That might work well, I’m mailing my application this week so I’m sure I’ve got a sold year before I can put the stock on it anyways.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That might work well, I’m mailing my application this week so I’m sure I’ve got a sold year before I can put the stock on it anyways.
View Quote

If you efile, you will get your paperwork back sooner.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You could do it yourself as well if you have a steady hand.  The template is around here somewhere and there are several threads showing how to do it.  

Example: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/PAP-M92-SBR-Project-Assistance/98-164198/
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ak-47/Yugo_underfolder_template/51-116344/
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I made my own UF once. Started with a SAIGA and had to swap the trunnions, so I had a template, by using the trunnion.

Drill press, and stepped drill bit made it all happen quite nicely. Was a fun build and I'm glad I did it.

OP, if you have the tools and the skillset, you can do it too.

inspiration?

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I made my own UF once. Started with a SAIGA and had to swap the trunnions, so I had a template, by using the trunnion.

Drill press, and stepped drill bit made it all happen quite nicely. Was a fun build and I'm glad I did it.

OP, if you have the tools and the skillset, you can do it too.

inspiration?

https://i.imgur.com/T81GDJv.jpg
View Quote

So beautiful. I have an M92 also and just received my CNC Warrior brace. I need to find the measurements and bit size to complete it. Someday I'll underfold it like yours, if I can find the correct underfolder.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Well when you're ready hit me up, I have a few extras in my parts box I got on the cheap a few years ago.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Excellent, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you all for the info.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top