Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2020 6:27:31 PM EDT
A friend of mine bought Zastava M85 last week and yesterday he brought it to me for checkup and SB Tactical brace install.
It's his first rifle/pistol so I assume he didn't inspect it at the FFL, but I immediately noticed that the rear sight is canted to the right.
I'm an AR guy and I have zero experience with AKs with top cover rear sights so I have no idea if this is normal.
If it is, how this affects the zero and If it's not what are the options?
I think he bought it from Classic Firearms, but Zastava USA is local to me (10min drive) and maybe I can save him the whole return/replace process if the sight can be fixed.
Pretty much any opinions or ideas are appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Front sight is adjustable for windage and elevation to a degree.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I've actually noticed that the front sight is adjusted slightly to the right from the factory, I guess to compensate for the rear. Next week I will take it to the range to check how it shoots, at the end of the day if it hits where it's aimed, it should be gtg. I'm just surprised to see such thing on otherwise pretty well build rifle/pistol.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like Zastava has a good warranty on their stuff, I'd return it to them and have them make it work.

I'm in the same boat...Z92 but my rear sight and top cover is actually canted/tilted to the left. I'll probably return it and have them make it right.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top