Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2020 11:44:55 PM EDT
hi looking for a  Yugo 8mm fire control drilling jig in semi-auto the guy who sells them with a google search says sorry I've discontinued the design. . .  
I'm stuck. using it on a tort tort

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Robert Forbus was the only one making a jig (as you know). You'll need to do it the old fashion way: lay out the hole positions using a caliper (surface plate/gauge would be best) according to Tortort's prints. Looking at the prints, the dimensions for the M76 are the same as any other AK except for the distance from the face of the receiver back to where the features begin. So you could use a template from Childers, but would have to add the additional distance from the face of the receiver.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
bummer
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a ful auto on the first picture.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a ful auto on the first picture.
View Quote

I'm sure he's just using a stock photo so people know what he's talking about. OP, if your blank has the hole in the bottom of the receiver for the trigger to pass through (some Tortort blanks have this, others don't), you can use the Recreator Blanks pattern drilling jig (once they're back in stock). If it doesn't, you would need to have that machined anyway, which the Forbus jig doesn't do. Once you have that, you can use the Recreator jig as the location and dimensions of the axis pins in relation to the hole in the bottom of the receiver for the trigger is the same for the M76 and other AK models.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top