Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2019 10:27:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mfinaustin]
A Century Arms M72 with a pin sticking out. Do I grind it down?   Note the poorly ground other side.  Makes me question the entire gun.

And I can’t post pics from my iPhone.  The pin right in front of the change handle sticks out 1/8 an inch
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#1]
I'm assuming the barrel pin? Is it protruding 0.125" out past the outermost edge of the front trunnion or just outside the hole? Your description leaves a lot of open variables.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:24:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mfinaustin] [#2]
Sorry.  Yes.  Front trunnion Barrel pin.  .  It is just sticking straight out.  I am sure I will scrape fingers charging

M72 with pin sticking out. Charge handle
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, I see now. I would just tap the pin back in until it's sticking out evenly on both sides. That butchering on the front trunnion looks awful, but that's Century for you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
And that butchering makes me question the build.  That pin goes all the way across and holds the barrel in place.  Have to grind it down...
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top