Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2018 11:02:50 PM EDT
Hello, very recent convert to the AK platform so need some guidance on the interchangeability between Milled M70AB2 Kits and the M70AB2 "bulged trunnion" Kits. I have some milled receivers and was wondering if I just take out the trunnion from the bugled kit since it's built into the milled receiver if the kits are interchangeable?

Link Posted: 9/20/2018 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they're compatible, but more than likely the barrel pin slots won't line up and the headspace will need to be corrected.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the headspace on it. If it's on, I'd probably build on a folded receiver. If it's off, you'd have adjust anyway, so build on what you have on hand. Though if it's off, it's probably due to wear and you might wanna just replace the barrel at that point.  The Yugos didn't chrome line barrels. But I got a barreled kit back around 2010 and was surprised at how well it had held up. And the gun was clearly well used.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Consider a reweld? Milled receiver yugos are really cool.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top