Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/24/2021 11:13:56 AM EDT
I've run into someone with an M-10 pistol they don't want.

What kinds of braces/stocks will work with this?
Are there any low effort conversions or will everything require at least some metal work?
I'm torn between brace and SBR, so all options are available.

While I'm asking - what's a realistic value for a basic LNIB one?

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s a good question. If you notice, the back plate is drilled for a bolt but their system puts the disassembly button right where you’d have the base of the brace. I don’t know if it’s possible to put a brace on that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
AIM surplus has them for $1099. Atlantic firearms has a adapter you can buy if you want to SBR it or put a brace on it.

https://aimsurplus.com/m-m-m10x-7-62x39-pistol/
https://atlanticfirearms.com/products/m10-x-pistol-zhukov-brace-stock-adapter-HD080AKIT

I am going to make a bold statement here: Its a cool gun. It has some issues, you can find them if you search a bit, but still a decent design.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot a few AKs, but I'm not an AK guy.
I shot the full rifle version of the M-10 and really, really like it. I'm told the pistol size should shoot pretty much the same. That's why I'm looking at it.

Thanks for the AIM / Atlantic references.

Edit - just found that the M-10 and M-10x are very different beasts. I like it when I learn new things before cash has changed hands.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shot the full rifle version of the M-10 and really, really like it. I'm told the pistol size should shoot pretty much the same. That's why I'm looking at it.

Edit - just found that the M-10 and M-10x are very different beasts. I like it when I learn new things before cash has changed hands.
View Quote

Listen man: I respect you. You are a good person and deserve to be happy.

There was a guy on reddit who SBR'd his last week. He enjoyed it as well. Solid shooter. BUT there are some issues others have had, and the company has a less than great track record of support. My advice: buy one, but be aware of the issues you may run into.

Here is a random picture of the AKV-521 put into this post to get more clicks:
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Atlantic.
Since the local pistol is not what I expected, i'm going to hold back for a proper M-10X rifle.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I loved the feel and handling of m10.....untill i shot off a bench. Pie plate at 100. Sent it back, they replaced a couple of parts and eas now a 6" gun. Sold it off and told the guy it aint right. I so wanted it to a good gun. It wasn't.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Edit - just found that the M-10 and M-10x are very different beasts.
View Quote

Yep, the M10 7.62 was an improved AKM made from imported parts. No longer produced.

The M10X is an entirely unique, 100% US manufactured hybrid rifle with design and engineering inspirations taken from the AK, SIG550 series, FAL, and AR.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Come on guys, the M10 pistol imported by M+M is the same “Draco” pistol made at the Cugir factory in Romania.  Identical just a different importer (than CAI) and 100% Romanian (no 922r U.S. parts).
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Come on guys, the M10 pistol imported by M+M is the same “Draco” pistol made at the Cugir factory in Romania.  Identical just a different importer (than CAI) and 100% Romanian (no 922r U.S. parts).
View Quote

It is indeed the same as a Draco, just a different label.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks Atlantic.
Since the local pistol is not what I expected, i'm going to hold back for a proper M-10X rifle.
View Quote

Like this?

Link Posted: 11/5/2021 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe not /exactly/ like that, but yes - like that. I'm mostly sure I'd want the rifle version instead of the braced pistol version, but I'm open to being convinced either way.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:40:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe not /exactly/ like that, but yes - like that. I'm mostly sure I'd want the rifle version instead of the braced pistol version, but I'm open to being convinced either way.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Mmmm... Bacon....
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top