Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/18/2019 9:16:57 AM EDT
I've got a Romanian RPK I finally put together and the bipod seems extra loose or floppy in the stowed position.  Is this common, or the way it is supposed to be?  I was thinking of welding a little more meat on the tabs to tighten it up in that position.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there a little tube coming out of the hand guard retainer plate?  If not, you may have an early style hrp and a later style bipod.  Are we talking about an aes-10b here? Oh wait you said kit right? a 64?  also, you should have a wing nut on the side of the bipod mount.  If you tighten it, it may reduce some of the flop.  Just be careful to loosen it a bit before shooting.  I had mine super tight and it caused it to string shots as the barrel heated up.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top