Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/22/2016 10:57:39 PM EDT
Judging off the AK forums, folks seem to like these. I've owned one of their Romanian WASR variants and never had an issue. Anything I should be looking for? Looks like Nodak Spud was/is their supplier for stamped receivers...and likely the barrel is a green mountain. All in all, with one mag, Saw style pistol grip and Midwest Industries rail in FDE he wants $500...FTF private sale. One hour drive for me one way so I'd say $25 in gas at most. Would be selling the mag, SAW grip, Midwest rail and going back to the original furniture if I can come across some. What do you guys think? If the front site is straight should I jump on it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as the round cnt. is <500 I say go for it. They were selling for close to $600. when new.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It was reported in the early tantal models  .223 barrels were installed by century arms which led to keyholing. I had a waffen werks 74 with a Green mountain barrel and it very accurate. Green mountain has a good reputation.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:40:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the 5.45 Tantal and was aware of that issue, though never having an issue with mine. Since sold it when 5.45 got semi scarce. I did purchase this rifle within a week of posting. Was able to sell the rail and purchase the proper furniture to restore it to its old glory. What I purchased was the 7.62 underfolder version though, actual model designation escapes me at the moment, want to say AKMS. Basically, for $500 all said and done, I wound up with an accurate, reliable AK.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top