BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/5/2021 10:52:12 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to purchase a WBP Poland Mini Jack SR762C AK47 Pistol, but I'm not very familiar with the WBP manufacturer or AK's overall.  This would be my first AK that I have ever purchased.  I can't find too many reviews of the Mini Jack or WBP products online and was hoping some of you would be able to fill me in.  I wanted to wait for a Zastava m70 or perhaps an Arsenal, but if WBP is a quality manufacturer, I would be willing to go ahead with the Mini Jack.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I use one as a suppressor host and they are great.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks to be the same barrel length as a Bulgarian Krink.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, comes with an underfolder trunnion like a Draco-C. Gonna have to look into that one more. Thanks for the heads up, OP.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one about a year ago. It was awesome. You could feel the concussion. Again…..it was awesome.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
In response to various posts above:
* length is 10" not 8.1 inches like krink
* it uses standard AK handguards, not krink handguards
* there is an underfolder trunion inside the receiver but you can drill it for a sidefolder brace or an UF if you want. Just drill carefully to avoid hitting trunion bits in the back of the receiver
* the rear of the receiver is VERY THIN compared to the draco. You will have to add washers if you go for a CNC warrior brace kit.
* the thread protector is welded on, you will have to dremel it off
* threads are 14x1 LH but I found them to be concentric enough for a Keymo mounted Nomad L with no problems
* there is a side optics mount unlike the lynx
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Does the Mini Jack have a milled receiver or a stamped receiver?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Stamped same as everything else from WBP.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine gets delivered tomorrow and I can post some pictures. I plan to SBR it and throw my Wolverine on it. This will be my first AK, so I won't really know shit about it to compare it to anything for you lol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked mine up today and it looks great. Let me know if you have any questions on it.

Now to SBR it and get the thread protector cut off for the Wolverine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I personally like the Sam7k-44, Zpap 92 and Romanian full size Draco more than the Mini Jack but I don't have anything negative to say about the Mini Jack. Any of the four I mentioned are good to go and so if you find a Mini Jack in stock for a reasonable price and want an imported AK pistol I'd say go for it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

It was fine until I seen that muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just looking at it made me flinch
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:42:47 AM EDT
[#15]
It looks pretty nice.  I went ahead and pulled the trigger as well.  I ordered the Mini Jack on Atlantic Firearms, but I'm paying by mail in check, so it'll take awhile I guess.  I haven't heard anything back from them and the order history on my Atlantic Firearms account still says "pending."  I hope it went through lol
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It looks pretty nice.  I went ahead and pulled the trigger as well.  I ordered the Mini Jack on Atlantic Firearms, but I'm paying by mail in check, so it'll take awhile I guess.  I haven't heard anything back from them and the order history on my Atlantic Firearms account still says "pending."  I hope it went through lol
View Quote

You will enjoy it. It is well made.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:43:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#18]
If you don't have a suppressor for it, the Bulgarian style 4 piece muzzle device does a great job of diverting the blast, so it doesn't rattle your dental work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the tack welded thread protector off the Mini Jack today. Went to thread on the Dead Air Wolverine and it looks like the threads are too long and will probably have to be cut down.

This is the furthest the can will thread on

That seems to be the issue, but I am not familiar with AK's or the Wolverine. Any input @ATLANTIC-FIREARMS ?

I'm going to mess with the Wolverine and see if any of it as adjustable to fit on there.

EDIT:
Turns out it's just user error with the Wolverine. It seems to work perfectly with the Mini Jack.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you don't have a suppressor for it, the Bulgarian style 4 piece muzzle device does a great job of diverting the blast, so it doesn't rattle your dental work.
View Quote

I ordered the Krebs Customs AK-47 Flash Suppressor 4-Prong 14x1 Thread.  Will that do the job?  I was going to go for a compensator, but I didn't want it to be too loud and have fireballs.  I just don't want to shoot it and have it rattle my crown on my tooth lol.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m curious what stocks you are using for the SBRs. I just submitted my form 1 and am waiting for my approval.

Those using it as a suppressor host, how well does it work as a host? Are you running it with a KNS piston?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’m curious what stocks you are using for the SBRs. I just submitted my form 1 and am waiting for my approval.

Those using it as a suppressor host, how well does it work as a host? Are you running it with a KNS piston?
View Quote

I just got my form 1 approved. I sent it off to CWGunwerks to have a stock put on it. I ended up deciding to go with an underfolder, even though a lot of people don't like them. I just liked the look on this gun. The ad said it had an underfolder trunion, but it turns out it doesn't. They also have to remove the sight rail to add a folding stock.

I have the Dead Air Wolverine and it attaches well, but I haven't shot it yet. I wanted CWGunwerks to confirm that the threads were concentric to the bore.

I'll be able to update this thread when I get it back, but it's going to be a while. Turn around time is 16-18 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I have the WBP Lynx Tactical. Form 1'ed it, welded a picatinny rail on the back of it, and it has a Wolverine mounted to the front. I fucking love it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have the WBP Lynx Tactical. Form 1'ed it, welded a picatinny rail on the back of it, and it has a Wolverine mounted to the front. I fucking love it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/127213/20200106_191337_jpg-2024493.JPG
View Quote

Did yours come with the top rail hand guard? Also, how did you mount the optic. I am trying to figure out the best way to get mine night vision capable and I like the look of yours.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a RS Regulate quick release side mount with Mini ACOG upper mount and pre-ordered the Primary Arms 1x prism optic.
SLx 1x Review
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Did yours come with the top rail hand guard? Also, how did you mount the optic. I am trying to figure out the best way to get mine night vision capable and I like the look of yours.
View Quote

Yeah, mine came with the rail instead of the lead spring rear sight. Also came with the railed gas tube/handguard.

That said, the rails are out of spec. Had to machine the top rail to fit a Geissele mount.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked my Mini Jack up today. What is the best way to tackle a triangle folder for an SBR project? I see Stormwerkz AK Pistol block.

Here's a picture to show what I'm working with.

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Picked my Mini Jack up today. What is the best way to tackle a triangle folder for an SBR project? I see Stormwerkz AK Pistol block.

Here's a picture to show what I'm working with.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/198749/IMG_8952-2042905.jpg
View Quote

CWGunwerks quoted me $550 for a triangle folder and trunion installed. It's more than I was comfortable doing myself.

Edit:
They will have to remove the optic rail on the side of the receiver so the stock can fold completely. I don't remember what that charge was.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

CWGunwerks quoted me $550 for a triangle folder and trunion installed. It's more than I was comfortable doing myself.

Edit:
They will have to remove the optic rail on the side of the receiver so the stock can fold completely. I don't remember what that charge was.
View Quote

If I can avoid a trunion replacement that would be good. I'm new to the AK platform so this is all new to me. I just want to know if the tapped block from Stormwerkz will be sturdy enough. Maybe I'll shoot them an email with my picture.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Here's one of mine.  The most logical SBR on these is an underfolder since they already have the correct rear rivet pattern for it.  Its easier than something like a 4.5mm side folder with most of your holes already being in the right spot.

If you don't want to cut your receiver and swap trunnions, then you can get away with a stormwerkz 2-hole setup.  The back of the mini jack trunnion is not insanely thick.  I don't think it has enough meat for you to get more than 1 or 2 threads in the holes.  Probably better if you drill straight through the rear trunnion and use the stormwerkz tapped block (https://stormwerkz.com/accessories/ak-pistol-tapped-block/).  That would get you a solid attachment point to mount hinges and whatnot.  It just looks a little more of an afterthought than a real deal AK stock.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here's one of mine.  The most logical SBR on these is an underfolder since they already have the correct rear rivet pattern for it.  Its easier than something like a 4.5mm side folder with most of your holes already being in the right spot.

If you don't want to cut your receiver and swap trunnions, then you can get away with a stormwerkz 2-hole setup.  The back of the mini jack trunnion is not insanely thick.  I don't think it has enough meat for you to get more than 1 or 2 threads in the holes.  Probably better if you drill straight through the rear trunnion and use the stormwerkz tapped block (https://stormwerkz.com/accessories/ak-pistol-tapped-block/).  That would get you a solid attachment point to mount hinges and whatnot.  It just looks a little more of an afterthought than a real deal AK stock.

https://iili.io/RzCNBR.png
https://iili.io/RzCO1p.png
View Quote

The underfolder looks great but I'm not sold on it from a use standpoint. The Stormwerkz tapped block is what I have had in mind. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something super obvious before I decide to drill through the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The underfolder looks great but I'm not sold on it from a use standpoint. The Stormwerkz tapped block is what I have had in mind. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something super obvious before I decide to drill through the receiver.
View Quote

Nope.  Measure twice, drill once.  You should be fine.  And the good news is that the back surface you're drilling through is part of the back trunnion.  If you screw it up royally, then you're right back where you are now, looking at swapping the trunnion.  :D

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nope.  Measure twice, drill once.  You should be fine.  And the good news is that the back surface you're drilling through is part of the back trunnion.  If you screw it up royally, then you're right back where you are now, looking at swapping the trunnion.  :D

View Quote

That’s a great outlook on a worst case scenario!

BTW your rifle looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://iili.io/RzCNBR.png
https://iili.io/RzCO1p.png
View Quote

How long ago did you get yours? I got mine a couple months ago and it said it came with an underfolder trunion, but it didn't. I just sent mine in for an underfolder install and they have to put a new trunion in.

Also, how are you mounting that Holosun optic on there? I'm looking to do something similar.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How long ago did you get yours? I got mine a couple months ago and it said it came with an underfolder trunion, but it didn't. I just sent mine in for an underfolder install and they have to put a new trunion in.

Also, how are you mounting that Holosun optic on there? I'm looking to do something similar.
View Quote

Mine are fairly recent ones.  The rear trunnion uses the underfolder rivet pattern, but is not a 100% underfolder trunnion.  Basically, the big hole going through both sides is not large enough diameter for the stock's main support bar and they didn't cut the 2 little holes and channels for the roll pin recess and the locking pieces.  

Its 15-30 minutes of work to drill off the existing rivet heads and install a completed trunnion.  I used Toth Tools rivet tools, which do not require a press or anything.  Most of the work doing the swap was just taking my time drilling the holes receiver.  Its not super critical since the holes get covered up anyways.  I still took my time so I'd feel better about having pretty and precise holes even if nobody else saw them.

My red dot is on an attero arms mount.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#36]
The Lynx tactical says "fully machined bolt and carrier from forged billet steel", but the Jack does not.  Is this a true difference or just an editing difference?
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I got my tapped block in from Stormwerkz and still waiting on the hinge. I thought the block would sit in the void of the trunnion but it's looking like a more complicated install. Once the hinge gets here I can eyeball where the holes are going to go.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I hated the Stormwerkz adaptor for my M92.  Just terrible fit and install.  I wouldn’t have faith on any other mounts of theirs after that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I hated the Stormwerkz adaptor for my M92.  Just terrible fit and install.  I wouldn’t have faith on any other mounts of theirs after that.
View Quote

I ended up going with an ACE steel hinge instead of the aluminum Stormwerkz. I also ordered an adapter from Circle10 AK that will use a larger single through bolt in the center of the back of the receiver. This is adding a third part to the mix on the back of the receiver (adapter>hinge>stock) but seems to be the least likely to screw up. We will see when it all arrives what the stack looks like. It just seems that drilling two unimpeded holes in the back of the Mini Jack will be more difficult than one directly in the center.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#41]
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

Do you all anticipate getting more of these soon?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

Do you all anticipate getting more of these soon?
View Quote

Arms of America has them in stock.

Link Posted: 8/20/2021 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Finally got my Mini Jack back from CWGunwerks. Their work is top notch. Just got the folder installed, so it's finished for now.

They were also surprised at how concentric it was. They sent me this pic.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Finally got my Mini Jack back from CWGunwerks. Their work is top notch. Just got the folder installed, so it's finished for now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20211115_231900-2168434.jpg

They were also surprised at how concentric it was. They sent me this pic.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260726/received_426998118936296-2168445.jpg
View Quote

I just ordered one and am excited to see this!

Do you have any interference between the side scope rail and the under folder stock, when folded? It has been reported elsewhere.

I will have an under folder so if the rail has to go, it's going.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#47]
AK Poland is best Poland.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I just ordered one and am excited to see this!

Do you have any interference between the side scope rail and the under folder stock, when folded? It has been reported elsewhere.

I will have an under folder so if the rail has to go, it's going.
View Quote

Yes, the side rail had to be removed to add the stock.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#49]
If someone buys a Romy, or Zastava AK, it’s made in the same military factory that’s been making their military AK’s for decades. But if someone buys a recent Polish AK, was it made in the same factory that’s been making their military weapons for decades? A number of years ago, ISD marked Bulgarian AK’s were coming in that were not made in the military factory, & Hungarian FEG marked SA2000 AK’s were coming in that were not made in the military factory. So what’s the deal with these Polish AK’s?  GARY
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#50]
@ArmyPilot12

Here is a shot of the other side with the rail removed.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top