Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/13/2021 8:36:50 PM EDT
Originally bought for an AR pistol but tried full size AK folder and it works. Much more lethal than pistol so need some suggestions on how to fix bag better for the AK. Pictures later. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:41:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Been using one as a range bag for my wire folding stock AK for years. Not sure what "fixing" is needed, just drop it in. The outside zippered pouch on mine holds a cleaning kit and a couple mags. An AUG will fit in it also.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
M60 spare barrel bag is the shit for folder AKs

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Pictures of AK on bag and plain bag.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the same bag for a multitude of SBRs, pistols, or rifles with folding stocks. I would bring it with me to each hotel while traveling and nobody seemed to even look at the bag. I also left the interior alone. I had thought about cutting a piece of foam to fit, but I dont think it's really needed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I know what you mean by fixing.

It's too flimsy. When you pick up the handle and carry it with the gun inside, anyone can tell it ain't a tennis racket in there.

Maybe some plastic or thin plywood cut in the shape of the bag would maintain the racket shape better.

A baseball bat bag might be better for this application, or a hard case for a viola
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Thinking about taking off the foregrip for traveling sticks down far or try to find a stubby. Haven't tried to put a magazine in the side pocket yet. Have a Tapco 20 or Korean 20 that should fit no problem in the bag. Hope not to have to have to use it. Bought a Kingslayer for the rmr mount but have to sight it in still. Need to get to the range get a zero on it. Have plenty of batteries now. Glad to hear you use the bag and it holds up well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#8]

My get home bag, plate carrier lives in the truck.
I started off with an AK in a Wilson bag, but decided MOAR was better.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Since this is the AK forum...

The wasr on the right was that AK, she and I travelled all over for the better part of a decade.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I really wish I purchased a few extra Fitz Viola cases on close out for $20.. Grabbed one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Weight of my AR pistol is over a pound lighter with sling and cyclops mounted so will probably take it as it doesn't lean hard to one side. But glad it fit the case. Any suggestions on what to tie around the keymod handguard? Tied this material but it stretches and doesn't get tight enough. Would like to wrap it up for a little grippiness. Thanks Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Wrap it in paracord.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Different application, same idea...
Double tap.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Different application, same idea...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top