Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/27/2016 12:04:17 AM EDT
just took my first step into the beltfed world with a RPD. Question is I have been having light primer strikes with a few types of ammo. By any boxer primed standard the hits are more than enough for consistent ignition, so I don't need a whole lot more juice, just a tiny bit more. Have you guys experienced this in the past and what was your solution. Yes, I know I can send it back to the builder to fix, but I like to do this kind of stuff myself to better learn how the gun works. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Semi or FA?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, that's the question to begin with. More specifically, does it fire on an open bolt or closed?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry about that, it is a semi. I think I found the culprit, the firing pin extension in the bolt carrier had a burr and was sticking a little bit. Have to wait until the weekend to take it for another test.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top