Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2019 12:00:26 PM EDT
I'm looking to pickup either a Lee Armory M10 via Aimsurplus or a Century Arms WASR-10 at a local gun shop. Both are new and both are within $20 of each other. I have been an SKS guy for years but feel the need to pick-up an AK pattern rifle. Thoughts and pros/cons of each would be much appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Either have a chrome lined barrel?

That would be a plus...
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been eyeing the M10. Receiver and specs looks pretty similar. I would go for the M10 first if it were me. Or buy one of their Romanian Garda guns that they have on sale on their website right for $700. They have the Morrissey receivers with the di.pled magwell rather than the receiver with the spot welded inserts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input! I ended up buying a Romanian RH10 from Classic Arms for $570.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice. I spent almost 200 more on my RH10. Saw the prices recently and was super bummed i didnt wait. If you keep the stock rear sight then you may want to file or remove some of the metal in front of the rear notch. For whatever reason they decided to put a block of steel that takes up 75% of the rear notch. I ended up zeroing it, then using a mini hacksaw blade to remove only the needed material to get the full rear notch.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#5]
545_7n6, thanks for the heads up on the rear sight. I plan on keeping this AK with the traditional iron sights so its something I need to attend to once it arrives on Thursday.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased the kit from Atlantic.

I still need to hit the range

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top