Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/6/2020 11:50:02 PM EDT
Started with an all numbers matching Yugo 59/66 I picked up many years ago for a couple hundred bucks dripping in cosmoline. Took a long time to find a military version ZRAK ON-M89 scope (and I sure paid for it). With the guidance of AKBlue I was able to use an M76 side rail-mount and carefully relieve the stock to accommodate. There was a bit of careful filing required on the rail and the mount but they eventually married nicely. Just need to find a cleaning rod and will be done. Pretty hefty at 10lbs (w/o the cleaning rod - LOL).

I never set out to be a Yugo/Serb collector but I seem to have accumulated quite a few. This 59/66 will sit nicely next to my M48 Repro Sniper. I need to get a family pic one day. I guess I’m only missing an M92 but I do have a couple SBR’d Dracos.

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice work what did the optic set you back?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it was closed to 700 shipped from "Over There"
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice Yugo M59/66! I used to hunt deer with mine and it never failed me. I also remember picking those rifles up for cheap at gun shows back in the day. I believe I found mine for $150 way back then. If I knew what I do now about prices and surplus drying up, I would have bought a crate of them!

No matter how much you try, you can never get the cosmoline 100% cleaned out. Mine still "sweats" cosmoline after a shooting session.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top