Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/16/2018 9:41:01 AM EDT
Inspected this Chinese Factory 416 M21 today here in Afghanistan.  No other markings that I saw on the gun expect last 5 digits on bolt carrier, magazine and trigger guard.  Shown side by side with a Russian AKM.  Both gauged "GO"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Shades of South Vietnam.  We ran into similar weapons.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]
This explains who is supplying ISIS and the Taliban. The suppliers are our enemies.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I miss my war!
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
made in 1978?, i think.   These things went everywhere.  Got a hundy for you when you get in back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you sure that’s a Russian AK, because that’s an Egyptian stock.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you sure that’s a Russian AK, because that’s an Egyptian stock.
View Quote
Yes, Russian AKM made in 1973 with stock removed and side folder attached.  Cyrillic markings on selector and Russian arsenal mark on left side with date.  Lots of guns here have been restocked.

CD
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Have ran into a second M21 here in Astan.  No bayonet on this one and in bit rougher shape.  Just under 9000 apart on production between these two.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Just inspected another M21 with bayonet.  Thing functions nicely and center hits at 25m off hand.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#9]
wow, thanks for sharing. What's the story on that Mosin Nagant rifle? looks almost like a dragoon model with the early style rear sights
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wow, thanks for sharing. What's the story on that Mosin Nagant rifle? looks almost like a dragoon model with the early style rear sights
View Quote
MN is a Ishevsk 1921 dated Dragoon.  Rear sight was broken and haji fixed.  It uses a piece of aluminum can and a philips screw and nut, works.  Bore is shot out (keyholes at 15 yds) and brass sticks in chamber every time.  So just a wall hanger now.
Attachment Attached File

CD
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top