Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2018 2:55:38 PM EDT
Anybody use the WeaponTech followers before?

Looks like Mrgunsngear likes them, good review:

WeaponTech AK-47 Enhanced Bolt Hold Open Follower Review (HD)
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have them in all of my 7.62x39 mags, from the bakelites to the steel mags. Haven't tried them in the bulgy waffle mags.
Haven't had any issues, seem to work just as well as the Yugos and Croatian BHO mags.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#2]
They do exactly what they claim to do.

If you like lrbho in an ak, then you will like these.

I use them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.
Love em, zero issues.

I have in all my mags including Bulgarian Waffle Mags with zero issues.
Chinese flatbacks, Romanian, everything except my Yugo's which are already LRBHO Mags.

They're worth the money IMO/IME.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a three pack back when they first came out, work fine in Romys, Hungarians, Chinese and Koreans without modification. I keep expecting one to crack but so far they've held up.

Haven't bought any more cause I figured out I don't need BHO bad enough to upgrade all my other mags but always handy to have at least one BHO on hand. The public range I shoot at requires weapons be racked w/action open when range is cold so I carry an empty 5 round mag with one of these BHO followers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Do these work in 5.45 mags?

On Primary Arms' website it lists them for the AK-47/74 platform.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I have them in some Chinese and Bulgarian x39 mags.

Zero complaints. A recommend from me. I love AK bolt hold open mags except the Croatian ones.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:44:52 AM EDT
[#7]
A true BHO would be great on the AK but I don't see the utility in the follower HO. When you remove the mag, the bolt closes, so there is no benefit in reloading.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A true BHO would be great on the AK but I don't see the utility in the follower HO. When you remove the mag, the bolt closes, so there is no benefit in reloading.
View Quote
It's so you know when you're empty and don't pull the trigger on an empty chamber, just saves you some hassle is all.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top