Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/4/2021 1:15:35 PM EDT
Price isn't cheap but these guys say they have the LH bolt carrier (CH on the left side, better for RH people) in stock: https://www.vz58usa.com/product/vz58-bolt-carrier-left-side-charging-handle/

I've got one from a previous batch and it does make for easier bolt manipulation. Ease of reloads is better as I don't have to reach over the top of the bolt carrier to get to the CH anymore.

AJ
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eodinert] [#1]
I watched the In Range video today on upgrading the VZ.58, and remembered my VZ project I have not touched in a long time. Karl has an RS Regulate optic mount on his, and I remembered I have the mount, but not the side rail.  Off to the interwebs to look for a side rail I went.

It looks like RS Regulate doesn't make a side rail anymore, but my search took me to Czechpoint USA, where I found a factory side rail.... and the left side charging handle.  I always wanted one, and they were always out of stock.

Left side charging handle bolt carrier

It's $157.

I've been wanting one of these for years, and along with the optic mount and some goofy parts I got from Apex, it's going to breath new life into my VZ.

Vid in question:

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I just watched that video too. I've got the Czechpoint rail on mine and have a RS regulate mount on it. I like the .mil beaver barf furniture and plan on keeping it that way. Running the LH bolt carrier means I don't need the extended bolt release. It's very easy to sweep my left hand up and bump the bolt handle after changing a magazine in one fluid motion.

AJ
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one of these from Apex a while back, I hope it doesn't hit my scope mount when I try to collapse it.  To be fair, it's probably going to be a shitty stock, but rare and cool.

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top