Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/4/2018 7:46:14 PM EDT
I have a krebs ac-18 ak47 and was wondering if anyone else that has had or currently owns a krebs ak if it has been reliable with all the ammo you put through it? Mine is a little picky with hollow points.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used only hollow points in my KV-13.  The only issue Ive ever had was magazine related where I borrowed a bum mag from someone in a class.  You have tried multiple magazine types with the same issue?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I am still waiting on extra mags only have the one it came with for now. I know some aks dont like hp rounds however I would imagine that the krebs camber would account for that since they do so much custom work to it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
does your chamber have a little bevel?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#4]
It does have a small bevel which I would assume that would be to help run hp rounds
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a krebs ac-18 ak47 and was wondering if anyone else that has had or currently owns a krebs ak if it has been reliable with all the ammo you put through it? Mine is a little picky with hollow points.
View Quote

I had a KV-13 that was 100% good to go with Golden Tiger but was horrendous (Im talking like 25% failure rate here) with Red Army Standard.  The experience soured me big time on Krebs and AKs.  Still love the platform but if even a Krebs can be fallible.... well it def shook my faith lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 (Im talking like 25% failure rate here) with Red Army Standard.  
View Quote
Wow.  Ive never used Red Army Standard.  It would be interesting to get a caliper on the GT and RAS and compare measurements.
Anyway....OP What brand of hollowpoint ammo were you using?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
It was golden bear. Did you try that same batch of red army standard in other aks or just the krebs?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Some AK’s just don’t like hollowpoints.  It’s the nature of the beast.

I have a MAK-90 that is stupid reliable...with everything but hollowpoints.  As another poster said, I get about a 25% failure rate with HP’s in the MAK-90.  I don’t blame the gun since I know it isn’t defective.  I just accept that it wasn’t meant to shoot HP’s.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was golden bear. Did you try that same batch of red army standard in other aks or just the krebs?
View Quote
Sorry for not responding sooner.

No I didn't Id sold all my other AKs at that point.  But I did shoot that same ammo out of my Norinco SKS and it ran fine from there
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Recent import red army standard is golden tiger in different boxes .
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top