Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/30/2019 2:33:38 AM EDT
I have a couple of AK-47s and now that I’m getting older I’m discovering that my eyes just don’t focus as well on open sights as they used to. I’m concerned about putting together a full blown retro AK, but I would like something that looks like it could be right on an AK and is of good enough quality that I can use it affectively out to 300 meters or so. Both of my AKs have a fixture on the side, so I’ll need a mount to fit that as well. I don’t want to go with an Aimpoint or anything like that, to my eyes it just looks out of place on an AK.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Any magnification POSP is probably what you're looking for. Kalinka has a pretty good variety, not sure how competitive their pricing is though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a couple of AK-47s and now that I’m getting older I’m discovering that my eyes just don’t focus as well on open sights as they used to. I’m concerned about putting together a full blown retro AK, but I would like something that looks like it could be right on an AK and is of good enough quality that I can use it affectively out to 300 meters or so. Both of my AKs have a fixture on the side, so I’ll need a mount to fit that as well. I don’t want to go with an Aimpoint or anything like that, to my eyes it just looks out of place on an AK.
View Quote
Check out this site to get a good idea of what's available:

https://russianoptics.net/default.html
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any magnification POSP is probably what you're looking for. Kalinka has a pretty good variety, not sure how competitive their pricing is though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good advice for a generally retro looking scope. The POSP optics are a proven design based on the Russian PSO-1 optic made for the SVD, and have been adapted successfully to use on AKs

Keep in mind the POSP sits pretty high on an AK and is offset to the left. They work but can feel awkward til you get used to them

If you get one be sure it has the AK mount and not the SVD mount

Quoted:
Check out this site to get a good idea of what's available:

https://russianoptics.net/default.html

Look at the concepts tab to understand more about the AK vs SVD  mount

Also look for the POSP with Simonov reticule. It has BDC for 7.62x39
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top