Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2020 6:03:30 PM EDT
At $79.99 are these a good price? I have not used any 40s before. Are they decent or way long?
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn’t think it was very good. Double the price of a 30? I only own one 40rd AR mag. It seems really long. I’m guessing the 40rd AK mag would be similar.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#3]
While they are expensive, the "word on the street" earlier this year was that the 40-round Circle 10s were no longer going to be imported. A bunch of website and sellers were describing them as discontinued, and prices were going up accordingly. I guess they weren't discontinued after all.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
What were they priced at prior to the word on the street?
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one.  That's a bit high but not out of line if you wanted one or two.  BTW...how you been man?  Long time no talk...
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While they are expensive, the "word on the street" earlier this year was that the 40-round Circle 10s were no longer going to be imported. A bunch of website and sellers were describing them as discontinued, and prices were going up accordingly. I guess they weren't discontinued after all.
View Quote

That's the KVAR MO...."Discontinued and rare"...(four months later)..."look what we dug up..."
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one.  That's a bit high but not out of line if you wanted one or two.  BTW...how you been man?  Long time no talk...
View Quote

Doing okay. Just dealing with the suck that is 2020. I think I will pass on the 40 rd mag. I’m thinking about adding a 5.56 AK to the collection. I shouldn’t have procrastinated on the SAM5s that KVAR had recently.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Doing okay. Just dealing with the suck that is 2020. I think I will pass on the 40 rd mag. I’m thinking about adding a 5.56 AK to the collection. I shouldn’t have procrastinated on the SAM5s that KVAR had recently.
View Quote

Unless it's just a range toy, pass.  BTDT with the SAM5 and the SLR-106FR.  Mag availability sucks and both were the only AK's which did not impress me in the reliability department.  Maybe consider a Galil if you're wanting a 5.56 AK-esque rifle...but that's my $0.02...
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What were they priced at prior to the word on the street?
View Quote

Here are some sites that still show them listed but out of stock. Pretty wide range of prices, so some of the listings may be pretty old, but it looks like the price has gone up about $10-$15. Having said that, KVAR is probably selling them for MSRP (which may have gone up also). I like GunMagWarehouse, but their prices are kind of average unless they're having a sale, so that may represent the higher end of what they were going for about a year ago. All these are out of stock but might be worth watching to see if they restock now that they're apparently coming into the country:

GunMagWarehouse - $72.99

GunClips.net - $64.95 (no experience with them and showing photo of a commercial polymer mag)

BuyMyMags.com - $66.99 (no experience with them either)

PKFirearms - $55 (probably a really old listing)

I think I recall people selling them on some forum exchanges for around $100 at the beginning of the year and describing them as "discontinued".

I have a surplus steel 40-rounder, and they are really long. Not all that practical, in my opinion, so I'd personally rather buy two 30-round Circle 10s based on the KVAR 40-rounder price.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#10]
For perspective, someone is selling a "like new" Circle 10 40-rounder in the EE for $119, with the comment that one just sold on GB for $143.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top