Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2021 6:53:00 PM EDT
KUSA has released their 103 pattern magazines to their website. You can find them here:
https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/kr-103-7-62x39mm-magazine/

How well will these function? Time will tell.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
I gotta ask big guy, you seem to know all about the going on at KUSA.

I'm kind of curious.
View Quote

I (sadly) have no life.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:08:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#3]
I'd want to know more about steel reinforcements in the mag. It mentions the locking lugs but no other details. I'd wait for MrGnG or Rob Ski to beat one up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:04:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
I'd want to know more about steel reinforcements in the mag. It mentions the locking lugs but no other details. I'd wait for MrGnG or Rob Ski to beat one up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

This is too important to leave to people on youtube my friend... I think I'm going to have to review this one myself.

Originally Posted By dryflash3:
That's allowed.

Like the old Arf quote "Arf, time well wasted".

They say Arf is like the omicron variant... "gets a lot of attention, and is probably harmless".
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks very similar to palmetto states ak103 mag......same price too.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlgSal] [#7]
Originally Posted By notanoperator84:
Looks very similar to palmetto states ak103 mag......same price too.
View Quote

Looking at the front lug, I think there is a design difference. I wonder if KUSA is copying the original russian rather than using the method ISD/Tooth/or Xtech uses with their cage system? I'll have one shortly, and be able to give the run down. I don't (however) have a PSA unit as they are out of stock, but I'd like to do a head to head at some point.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
wohoo! more ak mags at reasonable prices is super exiting! i cant wait to see some reviews!
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the heads up.  I bought three to try out.  I know the majority of AK enthusiasts seem to prefer steel mags, but I strongly prefer polymer mags with steel reinforcements.  The difference in weight adds up quickly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#10]
OOS.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By hooooon:
Thanks for the heads up.  I bought three to try out.  I know the majority of AK enthusiasts seem to prefer steel mags, but I strongly prefer polymer mags with steel reinforcements.  The difference in weight adds up quickly.
View Quote

I agree. I’ve always preferred polymer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GoGo:
OOS.  
View Quote

Spending too much of my life on forums has taught me to check KUSA’s website on Wednesdays or Thursdays. Best of luck man!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Now if only KUSA would actually ship my magazines to me . . . Still waiting on a shipping notification.  Anyone else got theirs yet?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I keep getting back in stock notifications around 5pm, but I don't see the E-mail to the very early morning.  By then they are sold out.  I'll keep trying.  It'll be interesting to compare to an actual Russian AK-103 mag.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GoGo:
I keep getting back in stock notifications around 5pm, but I don't see the E-mail to the very early morning.  By then they are sold out.  I'll keep trying.  It'll be interesting to compare to an actual Russian AK-103 mag.
View Quote
I just want them to ship the three that I purchased.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Now if only KUSA would actually ship my magazines to me . . . Still waiting on a shipping notification.  Anyone else got theirs yet?
View Quote

Did yours ship already? I have the same issue. They were in stock when I ordered them, after a few days I sent them an email and they said they have them on order because of supply chain issues.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

Did yours ship already? I have the same issue. They were in stock when I ordered them, after a few days I sent them an email and they said they have them on order because of supply chain issues.
View Quote

Same here, ordered while in stock - then went OOS. No movement for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Im out of town and won’t know until I get home tonight, but I bet not.  Looks like we all fell for the classic preorder switcheroo.  Annoying but it’s not like I “need” magazines.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Im out of town and won’t know until I get home tonight, but I bet not.  Looks like we all fell for the classic preorder switcheroo.  Annoying but it’s not like I “need” magazines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

lol Seems like it, I suspect that these might be rebranded PSA mags or rebranded mags from where PSA gets theirs. Ordered the PSA 103 style mag and will get it around Wednesday. Once I get the KUSA 103 mag I'll compare it to the PSA.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 1:59:40 AM EDT
[#20]

lol Seems like it, I suspect that these might be rebranded PSA mags or rebranded mags from where PSA gets theirs. Ordered the PSA 103 style mag and will get it around Wednesday. Once I get the KUSA 103 mag I'll compare it to the PSA.
View Quote

I would wager the mold is different, the reinforcement system is different, the followers are different, and springs are different, and the baseplates are different…
Other than that, the two are probably exactly the same.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I got a shipping notification from KUSA today, so hopefully I’ll have them in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 1:30:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I got a shipping notification from KUSA today, so hopefully I’ll have them in the next week or so.
View Quote

Nice! I should have mine tomorrow or the next day, but if you get yours first, please post pics!
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 3:34:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooooon] [#23]
Originally Posted By BlgSal:

Nice! I should have mine tomorrow or the next day, but if you get yours first, please post pics!
View Quote
I received mine today.  I didn’t have time to take pics, but they seem to be good quality magazines.  I can’t tell if the feed lips are reinforced or if just the lugs are steel, but I also am not familiar with the original 103 series magazine spec so . . .

At any rate the magazines fit into the two AKs I have access to at the moment (WBP Fox and PSA GF5) snugly but with enough play that I’m not concerned about function.  I’ll have to take them out to the range before I know if they work well or not, but the fit and finish is very good so I have no concerns right now.  If they function well I’ll buy at least 4 more to use with my truck gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rw66] [#24]
Got my mags today - fit and finish seems nice. No insertion issues in my 103. I'm not a professional but here are a few photos...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine arrived. Finish wasn't nearly as nice as rw66's. Mine appears to have been scuffed up tremendously. Great beefy lugs though. No steel in the feedlips. God awful gigantic logo at the bottom, with a big "USA" under the K. Disappointed with the branding. I will do a thorough comparison with the PSA 103 magazine which should arrive today as well. I will have time before new years to run them both out in the wilds of the north-state.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BlgSal:
Mine arrived. Finish wasn't nearly as nice as rw66's. Mine appears to have been scuffed up tremendously. Great beefy lugs though. No steel in the feedlips. God awful gigantic logo at the bottom, with a big "USA" under the K. Disappointed with the branding. I will do a thorough comparison with the PSA 103 magazine which should arrive today as well. I will have time before new years to run them both out in the wilds of the north-state.
View Quote

Mine were scuffed also - I just hit them with an oily rag, buffed out with a dry towel and they cleaned up pretty nice. I'm not happy with the branding - kind of messed up an otherwise nice looking mag.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By rw66:

Mine were scuffed also - I just hit them with an oily rag, buffed out with a dry towel and they cleaned up pretty nice. I'm not happy with the branding - kind of messed up an otherwise nice looking mag.
View Quote

Mine are underwhelming in appearance. In fact, the gigantic logo's on both the KUSA and PSA 103 magazines are off-putting. I'll have some time to run them after the holidays.

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:49:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlgSal] [#28]
I had some time today to test the fitment of both the K-USA and PSA AK103 magazines on a Morrissey ak receiver/Romanian kit-build. The two magazines lock up and hand cycle dummy rounds. The PSA unit is a tight fit with no play unloaded, where as the KUSA unit has slight play when unloaded. I will have some time next week to take these out for a live fire test.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Interesting, can't even find them on KUSA's webpage anymore.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
View Quote

Most likely limited time run or testing the market.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
View Quote
You didn’t miss much.  They’re fine, nothing special.  Haven’t had issues with mine, but other polymer mags work just as well.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#32]
These are back in stock now! Still haven't seen much feedback on these. Price is $25 per mag so that's a bit steep if they lack steel reinforced feed lips.

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/kr-103-7-62x39mm-magazine/
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By rw66:
View Quote

Original mags have the big "K" logo on them. They also have steel reinforced feed lips. The KUSA mags seem to lack this.

https://www.russiansurplus.net/product_p/ak-103-mag.htm

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top