Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I was really interested until I found out they are cerakoted instead of anodized. Seems like a dumb decision. Hopefully later versions are anodized. But I’m sure these were rushed out to beat PSA and they don’t care enough about their reputation to get it right the first time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was really interested until I found out they are cerakoted instead of anodized. Seems like a dumb decision. Hopefully later versions are anodized. But I’m sure these were rushed out to beat PSA and they don’t care enough about their reputation to get it right the first time.
View Quote

Cerakote is pretty common on firearms, is it that much worse than anodizing?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 4:23:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Can't help but notice that link doesn't include the ak 101 or 102 in their list. Seems odd they list all the other century series rifles.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#9]
pic rails everywhere IS more my style......mayhaps I will.

I'll spend the day thinking on it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Jesus Christ. Almost $300?! I do like that it’s a full pic rail but c’mon. They’re hitting the meth pipe hard over there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ. Almost $300?! I do like that it’s a full pic rail but c’mon. They’re hitting the meth pipe hard over there.
View Quote

They have this habit of selling foreign products at outrageous prices. Don't be surprised if you can grab these handguards elsewhere for a lot less. KUSA is just the middle man at this point

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

For example, some of their shit is imported from Turkey. NC Star sells it for half or 1/3 the price...

Their KS12 furniture/magazines are actually made by CAA and can be found cheaper as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
pic rails everywhere IS more my style......mayhaps I will.

I'll spend the day thinking on it.
View Quote

Give us a review when you get it. I really want to get one of these new rail systems but not sure whether to go with KUSA, Palmetto or MI
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the PSA long rail already, no pic except at top, so I'm kinda mhe about it.

Now if they'd hurry up and make the hinged dust cover I'd probably be more excited.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Anodizing, at least hard coat anodizing, provides a surface hardness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cerakote is pretty common on firearms, is it that much worse than anodizing?

Anodizing, at least hard coat anodizing, provides a surface hardness.
I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'm good with either
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They have this habit of selling foreign products at outrageous prices. Don't be surprised if you can grab these handguards elsewhere for a lot less. KUSA is just the middle man at this point

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/LOL_PNG-2780177.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/LOL2_PNG-2780178.JPG

For example, some of their shit is imported from Turkey. NC Star sells it for half or 1/3 the price...

Their KS12 furniture/magazines are actually made by CAA and can be found cheaper as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus Christ. Almost $300?! I do like that it's a full pic rail but c'mon. They're hitting the meth pipe hard over there.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/LOL_PNG-2780177.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/LOL2_PNG-2780178.JPG

Skipping the out of battery detonation drama and the behind the scenes discussions on how they operate, frankly this is why I'm not on the KUSA train. I don't have much faith that parts or accessories are anything more than what you are saying they are...marked up imported stuff, not domestically manufactured KUSA parts

I'm still in love with my KR9, and still on the fence with my KR103SF but not even remotely interested in getting my hands on KUSA accessories. I probably should just for my site, but I skipped UTG for example and took it on faith that the community agrees UTG was crap. Not suggesting KUSA is crap mind you, but if I'm going to review gear I might as well buy the source product itself, not something rebranded and marked up

I pay for everything I do because I want to form my own opinions and share experiences with the community. I do this with my own sheckles and never ask for or get sent anything to review by big companies. When RS Regulate was starting out he asked me to give my private thoughts on his first side rail design, and a different forum member also asked me for input on his Ultimak style gas tube, and both of them sent me hardware to test but neither of those situations became formal reviews here or anywhere else. I shared my opinion on the designs, did a certain amount of testing, and wasn't asked or expected to pimp the products afterwards

To be clear I have nothing against KUSA at all. I'm just not certain myself on where all these accessories are built and slapping a US logo on them to charge a premium based on a name doesn't jive with me in general

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have the PSA long rail already, no pic except at top, so I'm kinda mhe about it.

Now if they'd hurry up and make the hinged dust cover I'd probably be more excited.
View Quote
I like the clean lines and lower weight of the B10U without all those jagged rails. Don't you know they can cut your fingers...(and my hands are pretty soft), plus it isn't 1992 anymore and we don't have to have gigajantic quad rails

That said you and I talk about this all the time...we need that gotdamn B33 / SA33 top cover like YESTERDAY. The entire point of the ZenitCo system is that damn topcover, and the masses wants it like it's the Precious, because it IS the Precious
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like the clean lines and lower weight of the B10U without all those jagged rails. Don't you know they can cut your fingers...(and my hands are pretty soft), plus it isn't 1992 anymore and we don't have to have gigajantic quad rails

That said you and I talk about this all the time...we need that gotdamn B33 / SA33 top cover like YESTERDAY. The entire point of the ZenitCo system is that damn topcover, and the masses wants it like it's the Precious, because it IS the Precious
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I want to like K USA but they don’t seem to make very good decisions with regard to what they offer.

Nobody likes NC STAR or other airsoft quality companies so rebranding extremely poorly made products is at best detrimental to their brand. Up charging for this is basically adding insult to injury.

Everyone wants certain products yesterday. The AK101 is on this list and has been dangled in front of us for years now. Even if they’re a smaller company they could still bring a limited amount to market you would think. For those of us who really want a honest example of a 101 seeing them repackage garbage accessories as “custom shop equipment” is just annoying.

I’m guessing QC issues stem from wanting to up production but not having enough qualified skilled labor. I hope it’s not as bad as the internet suggests but some of the examples of just down right poor fitment are disconcerting.

As you guys said we want a Zenitco like top cover system yesterday! Nothing else compares in terms of functionality to this. It already exists and they’ve already blatantly ripped off other combloc intellectual properties so it makes little to no sense why this is so hard to make. It’s like they’re stuck in an echo chamber that prevents them from understanding what the market wants and how pissed they make it by playing games over unnecessarily long periods of time.

Then again the firearms industry as a whole is full of companies that seem to enjoy failing their customer base. Bushmaster’s complete and utter failure to just shut up and win with the ACR for example. That system could have been a new standard but they just didn’t feel like creating modular components for a modular weapon system and wondered why nobody bought it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m not holding my breath for the top covers when both KUSA and Palmetto can’t seem to keep the handguards in stock
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top