Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2022 10:20:36 PM EDT
Is anybody offering barrel shortening for the KR9?
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldn't be too tough for a gunsmith but might be easier to just buy the KP9 instead.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is anybody offering barrel shortening for the KR9?
View Quote

Brownells sells a one caliber crown and chamfer set for $158.00.
Do it your self. Tape, hacksaw strait off, file smooth and strait. Crown and chamfer. Touch up with some cold blue.
You can buy different pilots for the crown and chamfer tool to do other calibers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I did mine myself..... primarily because everyone wanted to pull/repress the bbl to cut/thread. I really didn't want the bbl pin/stock catch messed with .

I went with a KR9 because it was cheaper than a KP9, already came with a stock (often out of stock/expensive), and I wanted a 14x1 thread instead of 1/2x28 .....

Cutting was easy....and I already had a 9mm muzzle facing/crowning tool. Had to buy an annular cutter, pilot, die, and had to have a 14mmx1 LH thread alignment tool (to fit a 9mm bore) made.

Pressing off, and replacing the FSB was a bit of a pain .....but it makes for a much nicer end result

I had the muzzle device made so it would function with the slightly "higher" plunger/detent on the KP/KR9 guns

You can always recover some of the tool expenses by selling them when you're done.....

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top