Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/3/2022 10:05:09 PM EDT
Have a KP-9 inbound and deciding on my brace options..
Not a fan of the triangle after trying out the KUSA brace and the SB triangle with the 1913 block adapter.
Anyone running this :

https://www.jmac-customs.com/buffer-tube-adapter-for-5-5mm-folding-aks/

I know JMac puts out quality... I'm interested in how this adapter locks up and any other thoughts. I'd be adding an SBA3 on the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one on my PSA 104 for a bit.

It locked up nice, but I did have to do a bit of fitting to get it to go into the rear trunnion, that'll obviously be a bit different brand to brand and gun to gun though.

My major problem with it, and why I went to the SAG AR stock mount thingy, is that it cannot fold flat and essentially defeats having a folding stock at all.  This pic from JMAC's sight illustrates how far it will fold before the adaptor runs into the receiver and stops:

And they are using the UCIW stock there so it's less obvious, but with a normal length or longer stock, the butt end will be sticking out even more.  If you don't plan to do much folding of the stock, then it's not an issue though.  It's otherwise a very well made part.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate the input, D_Man. I'm going to go with it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
A few years ago I rn the Jmac adapter and hated it.  Not only did it not fold up right, but the brace angle kicks up. Sent it back and mad my own.

Link Posted: 12/22/2022 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I ride or die JMAC products, but SureShot USA looks to make a product that might be better in this circumstance

https://www.sureshot-usa.com/product-page/m4-stock-adapter
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#5]
The Jmac folder doesn't close like it should and with an SBA3 is doesn't fold all the way easily. I'm thoroughly unimpressed with my unit and I tend to like JMAC parts a lot
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the sma5.5 with ab8r and tail hook, it folds, but hits the button so it doesn't stay flat.

I still like it a lot. quality product never the less.

next time, I will go 1913 mech to arm bar.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top