Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/11/2020 10:43:20 AM EDT
So, I have 2 105 ak74s that I am running suppressed. I really like the idea of tuning the gas for each rifle and have been contemplating the KNS hard. I just really like these two rifles and wanted to get a separate carrier to run the KNS and leave the original alone but so far that has not happened. So my question is how are these holding up long term? Are they are rugged and reliable as the ak platform or are they batter used on specialty builds that are not seeing a lot of round counts?

Any info would be great thanks Gents.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So, I have 2 105 ak74s that I am running suppressed. I really like the idea of tuning the gas for each rifle and have been contemplating the KNS hard. I just really like these two rifles and wanted to get a separate carrier to run the KNS and leave the original alone but so far that has not happened. So my question is how are these holding up long term? Are they are rugged and reliable as the ak platform or are they batter used on specialty builds that are not seeing a lot of round counts?

Any info would be great thanks Gents.
View Quote
From my experience using it in a 7.62x39 and 5.45x39, I'd say that it is a must have for the 7.62 AKs if you want to run them suppressed; 5.45x39 really isn't terribly violent or gassy when suppressed, at least in my experience with a 16" AK-74.

If you plan to run them exclusively suppressed, I'd say the piston plus a wolf or geissele enhanced recoil spring would benefit the longevity of the rifle.

It's fun to tune them to the point where the rifle just barely cycles and they recoil like a .22lr, but again, probably not super necessary with 5.45, IMHO.

They did update the design with a new adjustable collar that covers the springs which were previously exposed, and apparently somewhat breakable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
OST
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top