Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/20/2021 12:58:22 AM EDT
I've been toying with the idea of buying a KP9 next month. They were under a grand, and the reviews are pretty solid. Low and behold, they are now 70$ more than they were yesterday. I have noticed a lot of their stuff creeping up in price. Maybe the Biden brace ban has something to do with this. Maybe its just another casualty of the crazy levels of demand. I don't know. Maybe I spend far too much time monitoring prices and should get a life...
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you should have bought it when you had the chance.

Did you think prices would go down?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait to buy and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes

Quoted:

I’m a patient guy. Chicks dig me...
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Quoted:

They're quietly talking about you behind your back. You need to jump on gun stuff NOW! I've been buying up all the guns I've been holding off on for the past year. I'm sure I over-paid for some, but they ain't getting any cheaper for the time being, if ever. So if you want something, get it NOW.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought two Arsenals and three Palmetto AKs (one being the AK-V) over the course of a few weeks because I know what's coming.

Yeah, I should have bought an AK back in the day when they were $500.

If an import ban goes through, a lot of stuff will never be available again or in small quantities at astronomical pricing.

You'll have to wait for the next Trump to get elected for salad days to come back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They're quietly talking about you behind your back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They're quietly talking about you behind your back.

Lets hope they are saying good things!

Quoted:
You need to jump on gun stuff NOW! I've been buying up all the guns I've been holding off on for the past year. I'm sure I over-paid for some, but they ain't getting any cheaper for the time being, if ever. So if you want something, get it NOW.

I have a lot of guns, so I'm not worried. But I think there is a lot of truth to this statement.

Quoted:
I bought two Arsenals and three Palmetto AKs (one being the AK-V) over the course of a few weeks because I know what's coming.

Yeah, I should have bought an AK back in the day when they were $500.

If an import ban goes through, a lot of stuff will never be available again or in small quantities at astronomical pricing.

You'll have to wait for the next Trump to get elected for salad days to come back.

I don't think the Republicans take the presidency, but I am pretty sure they win at least one body in congress and maintain majority on the supreme court. So I am not worried about an outright ban, just marginal bans and reclassification... like we just saw with braces.. which is rather upsetting because these things really do have a purpose in helping handicapped shooters. Absolutely sad IMHO.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#7]
What'd I miss about the braces?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
it was quietly discussed, not surprised you missed it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it was quietly discussed, I must have quietly missed it. Are they banned now, or what?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#10]
No they are not banned.  Biden is only talking about it at this point, although he has asked ATF to look into it, which means some sort of change on braces may be coming down the road, but for now they are still legal, so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Cost increases are definitely a normal part of business. Between annual inflation rates and the continued ass-pain of the tariffs that Trump slapped on imported metals (and because our domestic capacity has no capability to meet demand, we still import a preponderance of our metal used for manufacturing) prices have been increasing.

COVID hasn't helped anything.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#12]
They can raise the prices all they want, but I'm not buying. I will only buy when I find a deal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I emailed them about buying a kp9 off the website since it said in stock. They never got back to me. It was 999 at that time. Now I won’t buy it there with the price increase and them not being able to answer a simple question.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
This is not GD, this is a tech form.  Inappropriate topic-HM
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top