Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2021 4:13:46 PM EDT

I haven’t had a 7.62x39 ak in atleast 15 years.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought one Thursday.  Damn mags for it on the other hand....
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And ammon

Mods:

Aimpoint t2

Mount?

Sling?

Waffle mags..
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the best AK's made

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice. Where the hell are the pics?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice. Where the hell are the pics?
View Quote

Hasn’t shipped yet
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I just can't accept the aesthetics of them.  Why couldn't they have milled the receiver for the side folder mechanism instead of that weird bolt on abomination?

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#7]
May I pry OP and ask how much?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ll tell you I got mine for $1,650. Not a horrible price given today’s antics and the high probability of an incoming EO.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll tell you I got mine for $1,650. Not a horrible price given today's antics and the high probability of an incoming EO.
View Quote
I'd say in today's market you did really well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

1862 shipped.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Midwest industries makes a nice T2 mount for the AK
LinkAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just can't accept the aesthetics of them.  Why couldn't they have milled the receiver for the side folder mechanism instead of that weird bolt on abomination?

View Quote

I agree. Plus, if you are used to standard Warsaw length folders it feels weird to shoot a SAM7SF, the LOP is just uncomfortable imo. That and costing the same as a Galil Ace are what keep me from purchasing one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1862 shipped.
View Quote

I ordered one from K-var, $1821.67 shipped. Saw K-var selling them on GB for $2k+ and decided to go ahead and bite the bullet. Should be here Monday, it will look nice along with my SAM7UF.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Update to my mag post earlier:  I have about 50 (assorted) that arrived. All polymers, including Circle 10, are a very tight fit. Ironically, KCI steels are the best fitting and seem to be just as reliable. I thought I would have a much harder time finding steel mags that fit. As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought one poly Circle 10 mag for my SAM 7 just to have. It fits nice and tight, absolutely NO movement, but it was 50 freakin' dollars!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

1862 shipped.
View Quote

That's about what I paid for mine from Atlantic (1799).
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I'm looking for that dang bayo!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I agree. Plus, if you are used to standard Warsaw length folders it feels weird to shoot a SAM7SF, the LOP is just uncomfortable imo. That and costing the same as a Galil Ace are what keep me from purchasing one.
View Quote

The Bulgi is a HELL of a lot better than the Galili.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I bought one poly Circle 10 mag for my SAM 7 just to have. It fits nice and tight, absolutely NO movement, but it was 50 freakin' dollars!
View Quote

Yeah the price for those is somewhat ridiculous. They are great mags, but you can get 5 steels for the price. That being said... I bought 6 Circles

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Will that bayonet still fit with tne Bulgarian arm9 flash hider?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice buy OP! You'll love it, best AK on the market today.  Even at the 2K gunbroker price tag these are still a fantastic deal.  I expect an another import ban to be coming soon and Arsenal's will be a thing of the past.  Once that happens the SAM7's will be selling for 3/4k easily.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah the price for those is somewhat ridiculous. They are great mags, but you can get 5 steels for the price. That being said... I bought 6 Circles

View Quote

You have no idea how close I came to buying 4 or 5 of them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You have no idea how close I came to buying 4 or 5 of them.
View Quote

You can’t go wrong with them, but given the impending mag ban I think I’ll pass on getting more in favor of a larger quantity of others.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You can’t go wrong with them, but given the impending mag ban I think I’ll pass on getting more in favor of a larger quantity of others.
View Quote

Yup. They're my favorite AK mag right now but I think I'm gonna stick to buying surplus at the moment. But dang, they fit and feel so good!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Bulgi is a HELL of a lot better than the Galili.
View Quote

Completely disagree. The barrel, fit and finish, accuracy, are all a step above Arsenal.

Nice purchase though. Let’s hope and pray the imports keep coming. I am praying for Izmash imports again if Putin’s regime falls.

PS: About mags. I find the Magpul M3 to be nearly as good (if not equal to) the Circle 10s. $27 vs $50.......I would buy more Circle 10s if they were back down to $30-40 range.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Completely disagree. The barrel, fit and finish, accuracy, are all a step above Arsenal.

Nice purchase though. Let’s hope and pray the imports keep coming. I am praying for Izmash imports again if Putin’s regime falls.

PS: About mags. I find the Magpul M3 to be nearly as good (if not equal to) the Circle 10s. $27 vs $50.......I would buy more Circle 10s if they were back down to $30-40 range.
View Quote

I wish I had known about the mags earlier, like 10 years ago when I bought the M92.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Completely agree about m3 pmags being as good as circle 10s. With that being said, arms unlimited has good steel mags for $10 with free shipping over a certain amount.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd recommend checking out these two recent magazine threads for good recommendations:

Which magazine?

Best 7.62x39 mags going at the moment?

I think the Bulgarian commercial steel mags and the steel-reinforced polymer mags are pretty good options right now for price ($15-$18) vs. reliability and durability. It's unfortunate that good condition surplus steel mags are in the $20-$25 range these days, when you find them in stock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm looking for that dang bayo!
View Quote

How much do you want to pay? There are plenty of those around, just depends on what you want to pay. And keep in mind there are basically three types of those...Russian for the AK-74, Bulgarian for the AK-74, and Bulgarian AR-M1 made for the AK style mount (AK-47). You'd need either of the ones made for the AK-74, obviously. Fortunately too, the standard Bulgarians are the most affordable.

Here are a few links for you:
Currently $45     https://www.gunbroker.com/item/890320013
$110 in stock              https://www.lawranceordnance.com/default/firearms-accessories/bayonets/bulgarian-ak74-bayonet.html
$149 in stock              https://www.northridgeinc.com/product-p/bay-7.htm

Or you can do your own searching. Use:
Bulgarian AK74 bayonet (yields both the 6X5 and 6X4 types)
Bulgarian 6X5 bayonet
Bulgarian M1983 bayonet
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#31]
When it comes to magazines, if you just need affordable and reliable mags, the newer Bulgarian polymers are hard to beat and they should be in the $10 range. Otherwise, my suggestion is any military mag made by a country that issued AKs. The days of uber cheap AK mags are over.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When it comes to magazines, if you just need affordable and reliable mags, the newer Bulgarian polymers are hard to beat and they should be in the $10 range.
View Quote

There are two versions of the Bulgarian polymer mags. One is described as "steel lined" but has polymer locking lugs. They used to sell for $10-$12 a few years ago, but everywhere I'm seeing them listed now has them in the $15-$16 range.

The second version (more desirable, in my opinion) has steel-reinforced front and rear locking lugs. The rear lug is polymer, but has a steel wrap over it to strengthen it. These list seem for $19.99, and while they were often discounted to $15-$16, it doesn't look like anyone has them on sale these days.

The same two versions are available in 5.45x39, in case anyone is looking for those. I prefer the more expensive reinforced locking lug version, both for durability and because they lock up tighter.

Edit: Correction, Atlantic Firearms has the reinforced locking lug version in stock for $17.99:

AK47 Magazine Polymer-Bulgarian
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Do you have a link for the Bulgarians? I only know of one place that has them in stock (Texas shooter supply) but they go for $20 + shipping.

Eta: Scout beat me to it
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How much do you want to pay? There are plenty of those around, just depends on what you want to pay. And keep in mind there are basically three types of those...Russian for the AK-74, Bulgarian for the AK-74, and Bulgarian AR-M1 made for the AK style mount (AK-47). You'd need either of the ones made for the AK-74, obviously. Fortunately too, the standard Bulgarians are the most affordable.

$110 in stock              https://www.lawranceordnance.com/default/firearms-accessories/bayonets/bulgarian-ak74-bayonet.html

Bulgarian 6X5 bayonet
Bulgarian M1983 bayonet
View Quote

Thanks for the links! Yeah, I won't get my hopes up on gunbroker for any Kvar stuff. I was bidding on a SAM7 flashider and it went up to over 150! I gave up after that. The second link is from Australia. I wonder if they'll ship here. I'm thinking about ordering the one from Northridge, don't know anything about them though.
Again, thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd recommend checking out these two recent magazine threads for good recommendations:

Which magazine?

Best 7.62x39 mags going at the moment?

I think the Bulgarian commercial steel mags and the steel-reinforced polymer mags are pretty good options right now for price ($15-$18) vs. reliability and durability. It's unfortunate that good condition surplus steel mags are in the $20-$25 range these days, when you find them in stock.
View Quote

Yup. I need to figure out which way I want to go with more mags. I have planty of surplus just don't know if I want to buy more or just get commercial steel ones. How much different can they be?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thanks for the links! Yeah, I won't get my hopes up on gunbroker for any Kvar stuff. I was bidding on a SAM7 flashider and it went up to over 150! I gave up after that. The second link is from Australia. I wonder if they'll ship here. I'm thinking about ordering the one from Northridge, don't know anything about them though.
Again, thanks!!
View Quote

You never know, you might get lucky on GB. You can also look on eBay or auctions. I think what happens sometimes on GB or eBay is people get caught up in a bidding frenzy and wind up paying more than they should. I just set a price on what I'm willing to pay and if someone outbids me at that point, I pull out. I've been very lucky on auctions with mislabeled or misidentified equipment, very lucky - and I'm talking auction sites where they sell coins, jewelry, estate stuff, and other crap like that. The auctions sites may not know exactly what they have in their hands. One AK bayonet may look like another.

I've purchased stuff from overseas before no problem, never from Australia though, so you'll have to check. In fact, I have a Bulgarian AR-M1 bayonet coming from Bulgaria right now. Double-check the shipping so you don't get screwed in their dollar converted lower price + shipping versus US higher price plus shipping. I did that once and learned.

Northridge is good to go. I've ordered stuff from them for years.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#37]
The difference will be in longevity and reliability. I think the best of both would be the good Bulgarian polymers with steel reinforcement. I would say get surplus, but those are become increasingly expensive and/or hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Here's an example of a misidentified bayonet that just sold a few minutes ago on eBay for $62. It was listed as "US German Japan US Military Bayonet Knife Excellent", but it's actually a Chinese AKM Type 2. There are a number of those for sale on GB at the moment for about $135, although the typical sale price for those is about $100. I've been watching it for days to see what it would go for. I already have one or I would have bid too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-GERMAN-JAPAN-Vintage-US-Military-Bayonet-Knife-Excellent/353357306573

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You never know, you might get lucky on GB. You can also look on eBay or auctions. I think what happens sometimes on GB or eBay is people get caught up in a bidding frenzy and wind up paying more than they should. I just set a price on what I'm willing to pay and if someone outbids me at that point, I pull out. I've been very lucky on auctions with mislabeled or misidentified equipment, very lucky - and I'm talking auction sites where they sell coins, jewelry, estate stuff, and other crap like that. The auctions sites may not know exactly what they have in their hands. One AK bayonet may look like another.

I've purchased stuff from overseas before no problem, never from Australia though, so you'll have to check. In fact, I have a Bulgarian AR-M1 bayonet coming from Bulgaria right now. Double-check the shipping so you don't get screwed in their dollar converted lower price + shipping versus US higher price plus shipping. I did that once and learned.

View Quote

Right on, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Here's an example of a misidentified bayonet that just sold a few minutes ago on eBay for $62. It was listed as "US German Japan US Military Bayonet Knife Excellent", but it's actually a Chinese AKM Type 2. There are a number of those for sale on GB at the moment for about $135, although the typical sale price for those is about $100. I've been watching it for days to see what it would go for. I already have one or I would have bid too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-GERMAN-JAPAN-Vintage-US-Military-Bayonet-Knife-Excellent/353357306573

View Quote

Dang, I guess it does pay to look around.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yup. I need to figure out which way I want to go with more mags. I have planty of surplus just don't know if I want to buy more or just get commercial steel ones. How much different can they be?
View Quote

There was a discussion about the Bulgarian commercial steel mags here about a year ago. My understanding coming out of that is that they are produced using either the same tooling, or tooling made to the same specs as, the Bulgarian military magazines. I weighed a Bulgarian surplus mag and one of the commercial mags on a postal scale, and the commercial mag actually turned out to be slightly heavier than the surplus mag (by about 0.2 oz, I think). I've been trying to find the photos I took of the scale showing the weights of each mag but haven't located them yet. From what I can tell, the only real difference, aside from the glossy coating on the commercial mags, is the plastic follower and locking plate at the bottom (the actual baseplate is metal). Some people have complained about those plastic parts, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with Circle 10 mags, so I'm not sure why it makes a difference in these. I found an old Numrich listing for the commercial steel mags, on sale for $11.95, but they're unfortunately closer to $20 these days if you can find them in stock.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've owned both.  I really wanted to love the ACE.  It had great ergonomics, better sights, and a better finish along with some more modern features like a quad rail.  That said I'd give the barrel edge to Arsenal.  Their barrels can go 100k rounds and Ron from BFV backed that up.  I talked to IWI and they claimed the barrel life on their 7.62x39 ACE was 40k rounds or so, but that could be a conservative estimate.  The trigger on the Arsenal is way better than the Galil ACE.  The trigger on my SLR-101S (same gun as the SAM7) breaks at 3#.

The last thing I'll say is this... the ACE has a slightly smoother action, but the Arsenal (speaking of the SAM7 here) shoots way smoother.  The Galil ACE is obnoxiously overgassed and somewhat annoying to shoot.  The whole aspect of shooting, IMO, is just much smoother and enjoyable on the SAM7.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Bulgarian 6X5 bayonet
Bulgarian M1983 bayonet
View Quote

I just ordered the bayo from Northridge, Thanks @CarlosC  !!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know what you mean about the over-bidding. It's like target fixation! That's what happened with the flash-hider. I told myself to only go to 100 bucks, but ended going to about 135 then had to grab a beer and quit.
that's the ;ast thing I need to make my SAM7 compete for a Bulgi M9 clone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There was a discussion about the Bulgarian commercial steel mags here about a year ago. My understanding coming out of that is that they are produced using either the same tooling, or tooling made to the same specs as, the Bulgarian military magazines. I weighed a Bulgarian surplus mag and one of the commercial mags on a postal scale, and the commercial mag actually turned out to be slightly heavier than the surplus mag (by about 0.2 oz, I think). I've been trying to find the photos I took of the scale showing the weights of each mag but haven't located them yet. From what I can tell, the only real difference, aside from the glossy coating on the commercial mags, is the plastic follower and locking plate at the bottom (the actual baseplate is metal). Some people have complained about those plastic parts, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with Circle 10 mags, so I'm not sure why it makes a difference in these. I found an old Numrich listing for the commercial steel mags, on sale for $11.95, but they're unfortunately closer to $20 these days if you can find them in stock.
View Quote

Bulgarian Commercial Vs. Circle 10 Magazines Review

Here's a video of the differences between them, granted it's from 2015 and I think they changed their construction since then, at least from looking at the Atlantic link you posted it looks like they added more reinforcement.
I really, really like the way the Circle 10 mags fit, but dang! Having a hard time busting out the wallet!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmH3gOr-14Q
Here's a video of the differences between them, granted it's from 2015 and I think they changed their construction since then, at least from looking at the Atlantic link you posted it looks like they added more reinforcement.
I really, really like the way the Circle 10 mags fit, but dang! Having a hard time busting out the wallet!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmH3gOr-14Q

A little clarification: that YT video is referring to the Bulgarian commercial polymer magazines that come in two versions which I was referring to in this post above. The magazines I was talking about in the post you quoted are all steel construction, patterned after Bulgarian military magazines, but now commercially produced in Bulgaria. Here are two listings for the all-steel magazines (both currently out of stock):

GunMagWarehouse: Bulgarian AK-47 7.62x39mm 30-Round Steel Magazine

AKOU: Bulgarian AK47 30rd Steel Magazines!

Both the all-steel and the polymer magazines are good quality commercial mags, but I would personally stick with the steel reinforced polymers, out of the two polymer options available. As you mentioned, the YT video appears to have been made before they offered the steel-reinforced commercial polymer magazine. The brown colored magazine in the video is only made in the version with plastic locking lugs, as far as I know. The steel reinforced locking lug magazine is only available in black. This photo from the AKOU website is from the AK74 commercial polymer mag, but it shows the same parts that are added to the reinforced polymer AK47 mag:

I finally found the archived thread where I weighed a surplus steel magazine in comparison to a Bulgarian commercial steel. The surplus mag weighed more overall, but the body of the commercial mag weighed more than the surplus mag body:

Mags?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:02:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I just ordered the bayo from Northridge, Thanks @CarlosC  !!
View Quote

Excellent. Post pics when you get it. The one I ordered from Bulgaria just arrived today in perfect condition, unissued in fact. It looks just like the one you ordered, but it's made for an AK-47 type of mount with the hooks under the FSB.

Here's the regular Type 4 M1983 you got

And the Type 4 AR-M1 I just got

pictures courtesy of worldofbayonets.com
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:38:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Excellent. Post pics when you get it. The one I ordered from Bulgaria just arrived today in perfect condition, unissued in fact. It looks just like the one you ordered, but it's made for an AK-47 type of mount with the hooks under the FSB.

Here's the regular Type 4 M1983 you got
https://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/Russia/B1320/B1320-1.jpg

And the Type 4 AR-M1 I just got
https://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/Bulgaria/b1546/b1546_1.jpg

pictures courtesy of worldofbayonets.com
View Quote

I was getting worried that the one I ordered would work since I couldn;t remember if it had the rear lugs. Would either one fit on the SAM7? I was also looking at the chinese one for around 80 bucks, it looks pretty neat.
@3ACR_Scout
That's some good info you posted and yes, I noticed the steel parts when I was looking at the Bulgi polymers. I think I'm going to order some.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#50]
OP, sorry to derail your thread, but did you pick your gun up? Any accessories?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top