Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2019 6:06:50 PM EDT
Classic Firearms advertising:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/gallant-rifle-jra-bula-556-semi-auto-polymer-furniture-and-bayonet-lug/

Gallant Rifle by Bula Defense / JRA - .223 / 5.56 Nato Caliber - Semi-Auto With Side Fold Stocks, Assembled from Original A Grade Israeli Galil Parts Sets - These rifles feature Brand New U.S. Made Forged Receivers and Barrels by Bula Defense and enough other U.S. parts to make them fully compliant regardless of the magazine. Receiver Features a beautiful proprietary "Sword Of David Logo".

Better/worse/same as ATI and other "clones"?
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.classicfirearms.com/video/nov13-2019-jra-gallant-torture-test

Here's their video of a torture test range session.

It doesn't look like they refinished the parts kits. They look pretty rough. I do like the Israeli marked lower. And the price is good. There were some issues with FTF during the test firing video.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I am watching the video now. I wonder if they will be worth a fuck.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a little bit interested.  However,  I do have a couple of kits at the gunsmith getting built already, so I'm not sure if I should grab one or not.  Especially without many reviews out there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder who made the receivers. Edit, apparently Bula
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I find it kinda cool, that they decided to go with the original old style Valmet lightening cuts on the right side....and then bugger the look with an apparently crudely cut Galil scope rail recess on the left? And what the hell is going on with the finish or lack there of??

It'll be interesting to see how these pan out in comparison to surplus parts/production nightmares like the CAI Golani and the ATI Galileo.
Seems that any domestically manufactured Galil clone, other than a factory IMI, or a custom build with CNC Warrior receivers and choice parts kits, are a friggin' nightmare.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered one. It will be at my ffl tomorrow but I won't be able to pick it up till Friday since i'm traveling for work this week. I'll post an update once I look it over and put a few hundred rounds through it on Friday!
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered one. It will be at my ffl tomorrow but I won't be able to pick it up till Friday since i'm traveling for work this week. I'll post an update once I look it over and put a few hundred rounds through it on Friday!
View Quote
Excellent. Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have two JRA rifles, a BM59 and a Yugo M70 and both are perfect.

I ordered one of these new Galil clones -- looks like they are selling out fast, most of the models are sold out.

I have only seen high marks for the JRA builds.  I know a few people with the BM59 and they love it.

It's a milsurp kit, no idea if it is IMI or Vektor.  The Israeli models didn't come with a bayonet lug, IIRC.  They didn't use bayonets IIRC.

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked up my Gallant today. Overall I am very happy with it. The handguard is pretty rough and the stock has some wear marks but that’s to be expected. There’s also some visible tooling marks on the receiver but not too noticeable. The action is buttery smooth and the build quality looks very nice.
I’m excited to take it to the range tomorrow. Hopefully the photos I upload are visible.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]
" />
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#11]
" />
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 1:09:29 AM EDT
[#12]
" />
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I tried replacing the grip with an original Galil grip but classic firearms used what seems to be a regular Ak grip screw which is way too long so the original would not go on. I ordered the right screw from Apex in case anyone wants to have a more original looking Galil.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Just left the range. Fired about 200 rounds and had no issues at all! Shot cheap Tula steel case and American eagle 55gr brass. It is sweet!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, that's the kind of info I really need.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I picked up mine today, and will be heading to the range after Turkey Day.

No pix yet, but it looks good.  Handguard is a plastic model type, and it's rough, clearly had use.  I have an NOS wood one that I'm going to replace it with (if i can find it, duh).

The milsurp components are overall in good shape, the gasblock, sights, top cover, etc.  The butt has some wear, but nothing too far out.  It looks like it was spray coated (everything but the receiver) in some sort of aluma-hyde or similar.

Barrel and receiver both look great, slight tool marks on the receiver but nothing outrageous.

I'm also replacing the PG, and have an original style one.  I assume they used this oddball one for US parts compliance.

Overall, it looks slightly rougher than the Century Golani I got, but I think it is the coating. I may get it stripped and resprayed, including the receiver.  Replacing the grip, handguard and recoating it will make it look phenomenal.

I'll report about range behavior next week.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked up mine today, and will be heading to the range after Turkey Day.

No pix yet, but it looks good.  Handguard is a plastic model type, and it's rough, clearly had use.  I have an NOS wood one that I'm going to replace it with (if i can find it, duh).

The milsurp components are overall in good shape, the gasblock, sights, top cover, etc.  The butt has some wear, but nothing too far out.  It looks like it was spray coated (everything but the receiver) in some sort of aluma-hyde or similar.

Barrel and receiver both look great, slight tool marks on the receiver but nothing outrageous.

I'm also replacing the PG, and have an original style one.  I assume they used this oddball one for US parts compliance.

Overall, it looks slightly rougher than the Century Golani I got, but I think it is the coating. I may get it stripped and resprayed, including the receiver.  Replacing the grip, handguard and recoating it will make it look phenomenal.

I'll report about range behavior next week.
View Quote
Can you tell what trigger is in it?
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#18]
the trigger is Century arms RAK -1
the same trigger came in my WASR. It's decent. If your're familiar with a Tapco G2 its basically the same thing. light weight pull, pretty crisp break.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the reports
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#20]
i picked one up (deluxe shooters package with bayo lug) My FFL is a gun smith and the first thing we did out of the box was check headspace and bolt fit.   The bolt closes on a no gauge (without bolt carrier)   Will not close with bolt carrier.  Without the carrier the tail end of the bolt shift to the right slightly and primary lug and the secondary lug both make contact.  The primary lug does not engage the receiver when in the bolt carrier.  The bolt has not been lapped to the receiver and the receivers lugs are slightly out of spec.  The selector holes have been milled to far forward, as a result the selecter interferes with the trigger when in the middle position.  This misalignment also creates a large gap were the dust cover and selector meet in the safe position.  When inspecting the chamber before checking headspace I noticed large scratches and gouges in the chamber.   Unfortunately the only way to correct these problems is to rebarrel the gun.  The hand guards are very loose, the bipod was full of grit, the stock folding mech was full of grit, and neither were sand blasted, just dirt from the desert.

The receiver looks like someone sanded it with a dremel in areas.  Hopefully I can get one warrantied without these issues, because I really like the look of the receiver.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh Boy, that one sounds like a real prize. DSorry to hear that you paid extra for the priviledge.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top