Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2020 3:51:19 PM EDT
Just got it in, haven’t fired it yet. Was curious if the MOE would fit ok on my Arsenal and vice versa. Went to swap the MOE back onto this AK and as I was turning the lever up it broke. Looks like a bad casting or something like a bubble inside the metal.

Any way to get this block off easily or should I just send it back?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn’t see a way to remove without screwing up paint. If I could without marring it up I would, so called them up and they are paying shipping for an exchange.

Edit:
Added picture before rifle was boxed back up. Not an AK guy, realized this piece is probably fairly easy to replace. Also not sure why I called it a gas block piece.

Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Who made it.

Personally never seen that part fail.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
gas tube locking lever
my veprs have 2 piece levers

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/AK-GAS-TUBE-LOCK-NEW-EAST-GERMAN-p1664.htm
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who made it.

View Quote
PSA, a GF3. Called and spoke to their customer service they are sending me a return label for exchange.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Op pic is a broken handguard retaining lever???

That can  happen if you try to rotate into locked position when it isn't fully lined up with the channel. Usually handguards that are too long/tight.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PSA, a GF3. Called and spoke to their customer service they are sending me a return label for exchange.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who made it.

Exchanging the whole rifle?

It's pretty easy to put a new one in. It's awesome they are taking care of you like that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Exchanging the whole rifle?

It's pretty easy to put a new one in. It's awesome they are taking care of you like that.
View Quote
Yea I asked for a replacement part, but was told I'd get a replacement and a prepaid lable. Spent a few $K this year at PSA on firearms, will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Op pic is a broken handguard retaining lever???

That can  happen if you try to rotate into locked position when it isn't fully lined up with the channel. Usually handguards that are too long/tight.
View Quote
It happened when I was removing the handguard.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#9]
That is the first one I've seen with a concave surface milled into it - very weak design.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is the first one I've seen with a concave surface milled into it - very weak design.
View Quote
Umm, they're all like that. That's how they work.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top