Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2022 1:01:20 PM EDT

I just bought a SAMUF and it is not exactly clear what parts are US made on it. I know the polymer furniture is US made and I have heard that the hammer and disco are US made (heard that the trigger is Bulgarian).

I don't really care about US parts or any of that - I just want to know if the gas piston and the underfolder stock itself are both Bulgarian made parts. The one thing I cannot stand on imported AK's is the shitty stainless steel gas pistons they usually install.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Typical milled SAM7 rifles only require 5 U.S. made parts vs. 6 for a stamped AK, from what I understand.

On a normal SAM7 the U.S. made parts are as you mentioned - stock, pistol grip, hammer, disconnector, and handguard.  The BCG and piston system are all Bulgarian made.  I know Arsenal USA used to make a FCG for the SAM7 that was all U.S. made so it was the hammer, disconnector, and trigger.  My guess is on the SAM7SF and SAM7UF they have Bulgarian stocks and then the full US made FCG.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top