Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/6/2020 5:57:08 PM EDT
Looking at all the ammo I have collected over the years, I found some old ammo.
Mostly wondering if any of this ammo has any collectible value.

Left to right.
Norinco
Non-Corrosive
Yellow box
Stamp 311 93

Chinese
Corrosive?
Stamp 351 93

Ulyanovsk
Black Primer
Corrosive?
Stamp 3 94

Norinco
https://collectibleammunition.com/product/7-62x39mm-ball-71-93-brown-steel-case/
Stamp 71 93

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it. It’s just as collectible as the billions of other rounds of the 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Not collectable. Shoot it.

The only one of those four I would say for certain is non-corrosive is the one on the far right from factory "71". During this period, the red primer seal was used by "71" to indicate non-corrosive primers on export 7.62x39mm. They also used the knurled cannelure on the bullet to indicate a lead core, as seen in your example. The link you refer to shows a steel core ball cartridge. In the collector world, these common examples run $.50 to $1.00 even though they are essentially shooter-grade ammunition.

The blackened primer Russian round may be corrosive. Some have been reported to be so, but in my personal experience, they are not.

The other two Chinese cartridges also could be corrosive primed. Many reports over the years of Chinese 7.62x39mm in boxes marked "non corrosive" turned out to be corrosive primed.

Just assume they are and clean appropriately after shooting them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it. It’s just as collectible as the billions of other rounds of the 7.62x39.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top