Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2021 5:43:16 AM EDT
Good morning,

Is The Chrome-Lined Zastava ZPAP M70 the "Go-To" AK now at around $1200?

'Considerin one of these rifles but times are tough and so is the pricing...

Thank you--

TT
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Hats the neighborhood Ive been seeing.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you but overall is it one of the better AKs ones at that price?
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The AK guy's Youtube channel says it is the best one out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you but overall is it one of the better AKs ones at that price?
View Quote
It's a very decent gun.  Fit and finish are superb.  Not tacticool in the least, but they run and run.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#5]
They are producing some really solid AK's.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#6]
$1200 is too much, prepper just sold their last batch of walnut stocked ZPAPs for $999.

They are solid rifles but there have been alot issues posted online on various forums. Before accepting transfer at your FFL, check every rivet on the rifle! Bring a flashlight! Check magazine fitment and make sure its not too loose.

Zastava does some pretty ugly rivet work, both of my ZPAPs had rivet issues. One had an optic rail rivet so loose I could wiggle it with my fingers. The other has a front trunnion rivet with a gap.

Attachment Attached File

To properly fix, the barrel needs to be pulled so the rivet can be pressed from both sides. I contacted Zastava and asked how they would fix and they told me they would not need to pull the barrel to fix it. This tells me they would just hammer the rivet in place against the barrel which would just make the rivet even weaker. So I'm going to pay out of pocket to have it fixed correctly. Besides the rivet, the rifle is flawless and is a great shooter. Very accurate and soft shooting. Walnut furniture is very nice quality.

The rivet in question will probably hold up just fine, but I'm OCD about mechanical things. I could care less if the rifle gets scratched and scraped up from use but I want the rivets to be tight and pressed correctly.

Link Posted: 7/23/2021 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the M70, The M90, M92 and the M85. Not a single issue with any of them
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The AK guy's Youtube channel says it is the best one out.
View Quote

I’ll be so glad when that guy’s 15 minutes of YouTube fame is over.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#10]
My thoughts....Comparison starts at 8:32
MTS How to train drill 6: Running Diamond Version II, ZPAP M70 vs Arsenal 107R
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have the M70, The M90, M92 and the M85. Not a single issue with any of them
View Quote

M70AB2, M92, M85 here.  Zero issues, great guns OP.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So far the rifles we have tested have ran fantastic with multiple types of mags and suppressed . Very pleased to see the Zastava ZR90556FS being offered to US shooters ! All they need to do now is offer this in a Classic wood stock model . The ZUAS Crew has really been rocking out the AK options over the last few years .

https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/zastava-m90-3.jpg
ZR90556FS
View Quote

Wood whats that?
" />
BTW purchased from Atlantic Firearms
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I snoozed on it and lose'd :-(  Guy had 5 and they crept away from me.  Any other sources?  Please IM me so they are not all gone by the time I get home from work if you can
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#15]
They are nice, I bought one three years ago for $650 new. Just has some compatibility issues with non Yugo parts. Because of that it was less popular in the past. My m85 worked great as well.

I'm not sure what a fair value is for them anymore. Aks have changed so much.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I snoozed on it and lose'd :-(  Guy had 5 and they crept away from me.  Any other sources?  Please IM me so they are not all gone by the time I get home from work if you can
View Quote

Best bet is to setup notifications where you can and be ready to jump.  The market is starting to cool off, though imported AK demand is still high, especially for the M70 given its solid reputation overall.  If you're not picky, do it for all the M70 variants, even those goofy polymer "tacticool" ones, you can always make them look more traditional later on.  I've had good luck with the notification approach over the last year and a half.

Places I'd start with:

Atlantic Firearms
K-VAR
Prepper Gunshop
Primary Arms

Some of the dropship aggregators might work too, but I don't think a lot of Zastava's stuff is sitting in the distributor pipeline long enough to show up.  Most of it gets "allocated" to the bigger movers right now.

Follow Zastava USA on Facebook as well, they usually will post when they're sending a shipment out and where it's likely going.  (And good sales/coupons they're offering for their store. 20% off everything gets me almost every time!)

If you're not dead set on 7.62x39, the M90 in 5.56 is a really nice AK too.  ARFCOM answer: get an M90 now, and add the M70 when you can track one down.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Absolutely no rivet issues, all nice and cleanly pressed and flush. Magazine well is good to go, no unnecessary wobble, mags lock in securely and fit without an issue. I prefer Bulgarian steel reinforced poly mags. The rear sight leaf is slightly canted to the right but it's an AK. That's an issue with the rear sight leaf and not the rifle. Still shoots accurately. The optic rail is nice and tight. Zeroing my Aimpoint T-2 was a breeze and holds zero.

People can argue the pricing all they want to. Supply and demand dictates that. Current market for imported AKs is high demand and low supply, so prices will be higher. The WBP Fox rifles and Arsenal rifles are higher priced as well. Inflation won't help. It is what it is. If you want cheap then get an American made AKM. It will be cheaper in price and quality.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I was able to pick one up last week from primary arms.  I got the Serbian red for $879 after LE/Military discount and a 12% coupon code.
Fit and finish is impeccable and the action is smooth as butter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#19]
'Is The New Zastava ZPAP M70 the "Go-To" AK now at $1200?'

I don't know, but I just got a ZPAP92 1.5mm Alpha Tactical pistol from Atlantic and that thing is something else. I never thought I'd pay that much for an AK but these are 100% factory-made in Serbia by Zastava. I deem the Eastern European military quality guns to be the best, having had a brand new FEG SA85M in 1996, and this one with the heavy receiver with 'bulged trunion', flip-up action cover, chrome-lined barrel, removable Krink booster, etc. is probably top of the line as far as I'm concerned. I had a yen for either an AR or AK pistol for years. I got the email from Atlantic and just idly was scrolling down when I saw this, and it wasn't long before I impulsively bought it - sure am glad I did because I just saw that it has gone up $40 in just the few days since I pushed the button.

Stock picture:

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Side folder M70 and M92 owner!  I did have an issue with a cosmetic blemish on the M92 that was more than just a scratch.  Zastava didn’t bat an eye and took care of me.  Cleaned up and refinished the spot for me.  There and back in about a week!

I’ve actually had two of the side folders.  First one was perfect for and finish but Wilde it to a buddy and grabbed another on for myself later.

The second side folder M70 had a lot of excessive wobble with all mags, loaded or not.  I sent a video of the wobble, and Zastava recommended sending it back.  Magazine catch just needed replacing.  Again, about a week to 10 days, no hassle, and mags fit perfect!

The CS alone would make me buy another over anything else.  They were awesome to deal with.

I’m actually trying to decide if I want to sell off the side folder and grab a traditional fixed stock version!
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good morning,

Is The Chrome-Lined Zastava ZPAP M70 the "Go-To" AK now at around $1200?

'Considerin one of these rifles but times are tough and so is the pricing...

Thank you--

TT
View Quote

Yup pricing is high at $1,200. DK has them for under a grand:

https://dkfirearms.com/product/zastava-arms-ak-47-zpap-m70-light-maple-furniture-1-5mm/
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top