Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/8/2016 2:10:54 PM EDT
Were these only imported for one year in 1997? All the ones I've seen are all marked the same year.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes,you are correct.

One year only on the CUR models
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
1997 is when I bought mine.  $330 at the time, and was the only 5.45 game in town.

Sloppy white paint included:
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1997 is when I bought mine.  $330 at the time, and was the only 5.45 game in town.

Sloppy white paint included:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2gy0t42.jpg
View Quote

Just picked myself up a CUR-2 ,always loved the upturned charging handle on these

These are much better quality rifles than the SAR-2, and the WASR 2 rifles imported later on.

Hang onto them, they are good rifles
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a CUR1 in '97. It was my first AK. Spend around $375 IIRC. Trigger slap was horrible, mags fit loose as I recall. QC and finish were nicer than my SAR1 I picked up about a decade later. In retrospect, I should've kept it. Given what I've learned since and what the aftermarket can provide,they are great rifles.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Trigger slap was very sharp, but when I swapped out the thumbhole for a standard Romanian stock and pistol grip, the slap went away.   I can't explain it.  It felt as it the bolt carrier was hitting the wood or something; Not enough clearance or too thick in a certain area.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Trigger slap was very sharp, but when I swapped out the thumbhole for a standard Romanian stock and pistol grip, the slap went away.   I can't explain it.  It felt as it the bolt carrier was hitting the wood or something; Not enough clearance or too thick in a certain area.
View Quote

Interesting.Have to see if my MKII trigger slap changes.Just swapped out thumbhole to folder.Have not fired yet.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:02:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Interesting.Have to see if my MKII trigger slap changes.Just swapped out thumbhole to folder.Have not fired yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My CUR 2  trigger slap was horrible,as was the trigger creep.Made my trigger finger sting and turn red after 2 mags,and this was with a Russian 74 wood fixed stock on it

Put in a Tapco G2,much nicer with zero slap.Tossed the original in the trash,cause thats what it is,garbage
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Do these rifles accept any standard akm stocks/ furniture?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do these rifles accept any standard akm stocks/ furniture?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I bought mine from CDNN back in the day.  Trigger slap was real.  I put a rooskie triangle folder on mine and had ak103.com deban it the rest of the way.  Great rifle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I picked mine up locally for 650. The previous owner had the front sight swapped and the triangle folder installed. I'm a big fan and trying to find another one.

https://i.imgur.com/LQ5soIP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OZRAGaY.jpg
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 2:43:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I picked this on up about a month ago fro $600.  It's unfired and was still full of grease and came with the original box/manual, etc.. I already had the correct FSB and brake so I swapped them out.  Love the up swept charging handle.  I got to get out and shoot it soon

Link Posted: 3/10/2018 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought my CUR 2 Back in '97 as soon as I heard they were in country. Just because Diana Feinstien was having a cow about the 5.45x39 round.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top